All Coast banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all. Im taking the family over to catalina for a week !!! (avalon)the 9-10-06 till 9-17-06 and staying in a house up on the hill so i would like to bring some of larrys great fin bait with me to fish maybe on tue--wed ?? but i do not think my bat, will last for two--three days with not a charge so does any body have a bait rec, that i can dump a half scoop of fin bait in you can use what you waunt or come to the house for a drink or two let me know peter 24ftskippy ph diego "b" or call me on my cell 310-428-1629 i should arive around mid day will be towing a 12 ft skiff so slow mo is the word!. thanks, peter

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I'd purchase a portable mesh receiver.
I never go anywhere without mine when I spend the night on the boat.
It should pay for itself quickly.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks if i can find one i will i here the dogs will chew them up ?? thanks for the info PETER

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
In the dark with just the running light on you should be fine.
The Seals don't bother my bait receiver in the above conditions.
Only when there's too much light do they mess with it.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Do what I did..one trip to Home Depot..Returned with a 44 gal Brute Rubbermaid heavy-duty trash can..drilled lots of holes and cut a hinged opening in the top to feed the fishies cornmeal every other day..Three more holes for a tripod line setup going to a single line up to a boat cleat and bing-0..instant bait receiver used for storage of gear until needed..plan to add swimming pool noodle floats around the top and fasten a 5 lb. weight in the bottom to stabalize it in swells..won't have to worry about seals tearing it open...also, may add a light inside so anchovies can circle without crashing into things...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for all the info i have a trash can home made type i hope it works out if not i will improve my plastic skills and will bring some cat food for the macks thanks again and if you guys are fishing catalina during the week give me a call ch72 diego b 24ftskippy ph peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts