Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must have talked with 200 of you guys who are very interested in capturing a swordie. Let's do this. We have a perfect moon and tide set up on June 9th. Afishinado will be leaving out of Avalon around 5 pm and will fish the ridge to the 277 (should be back in Avalon by 1 a.m.) All are welcome to join the effort:

1. We have four angler slots available on the Afishinado. You can sign up thru www.afishinados.com for the Sharks & Swords Charter.
2. We want to have as many buddy boats on the water that night as possible. I want to hear from those of you who will be fishing with us that night so we can set up some strategy and communications.

If any of us gets a fish that night the Swordfish steak barbeque will be at my place in Avalon on Saturday afternoon for all involved, charter customers and buddy boats. Lets get this set up on some calendars and make it happen...and don't forget to buy your Capture Elvis 'uniforms' at our e-store!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
We'll be there, sounds like an awesome night out......:)

It's lonely being the only boat out there some times, this may well be what it takes, coverage is crucial on the West coast, unlike the East Coast fishery which is so contained.

How about a captains meeting in May...

Tactics, tackle, drifting,trolling, zones......

Neill

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Hey John, Sounds like fun! Will have to look at the dates, and talk with the boss......BTW, Be careful what you ask for! ;)

"If any of us gets a fish that night the Swordfish steak barbeque will be at my place in Avalon on Saturday afternoon for all involved, charter customers and buddy boats."

·
Registered
418 Posts
WOW, John you must have the biggest house in Avalon 200 people. huh LoL
I will be out,The other Tourny will be going strong any way,I will Drop you a line to conferm and find out what channel you are on.

Raz-N-Kane
SeaRay 27
Channel 69& Scan

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
RE: Night fishing for Sharks & Swords

John,

As you know, it's on my calendar. Morris - you in? Larkin? Espinosa?

I'm looking forward to exercising the Magellan's sonar on this slow-troll mission.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts

Can you pick me up at the Green pier at closing time from the MC? :7
Mind if I bring a friend or two?:+

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

>Can you pick me up at the Green pier at closing time from the
>MC?

Sorry Bill, you do not have a choice. Altho I forgot to call you directly, I am planning on having you on board as the leader/gaff man. It would (hopefully) give us good practice for 'the season' and I want you to be comfortable running my boat. You never know, I may want to pull on something with a pointy nose this year.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>How about a captains meeting in May...
>
>Tactics, tackle, drifting,trolling, zones......
>
>Neill

Sounds like a good idea Neill. Let's see how this things goes and I will take the communications hub role. As you mentioned in your e-mail, the fish might not be on the ridge, in which case we go where the fish are.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

>Sorry Bill, you do not have a choice. Altho I forgot to call
>you directly, I am planning on having you on board It would
>(hopefully) give us good practice and I want you to be comfortable
>You never know, I may want to pull on something this year.

WTF?????

·
Registered
2,659 Posts

OMG Rob, I just spit my coffee all over the place. "You never know, I want to pull on something this year" says Captain John..."C'mon over here Deckie Bill". That's another Larkin special but what perfect timing to break it out now. And I thought that John wanted Bill on board for his skills...but now the truth has emerged. A long, slow troll in the night under a romantic moon...what happens while fishing for a "sword" at night stays on the boat!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,533 Posts

Hey John, If you are looking for any other crew members, may I reccomend Uncle Fester here? Just try to keep him awake!

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

WTF is right!!!

So, John wants to pull on Bill's pointy nose or what??

Damn, I'm crying over here.....

Morris...., If John and the crew are really hoping to pull on something with you on board....., you better hope it's the nose... :)

Team Afishinado...... :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

i don't know about all this pulling on pointy things and late night "sword" action, but if anyone needs someone to go with them to fight a fish, leader, gaff, cook, clean, ect....let me know.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

Glendon,
You may want to fish with us, these boys are too good with the Photoshop.....:)

Neill

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Sounds like fun John. Anyone have any Humboldt Squid?

I'll be fishing on the Limitless for the Tuna Club's Seabass tournament June 1, 2, 3, 4th out of Avalon. I'm thinking of pulling my boat down and leaving it there for a few weeks. Anyone know of a monthly storage option for a trailer boat (or slip) at a harbor convenient to Avalon?

Have any of the stick-boats or their planes been seeing fish down that way?

Bill

Afishyanado, 25' Sea Ox

·
Registered
231 Posts
John, You can count me in either fishing on my boat or volunteering on someones bigger boat. As for the pre-fish meeting hopefully it won't be on May 24-29 since I will be in south Florida with Keith Poe honing in our skills. BTW who's signed up for the Chasing Swords seminar 6/27 besides me?
Jeff

SCALLYWAG
Edgewater 22CC

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

>Hey John, If you are looking for any other crew members, may
>I reccomend Uncle Fester here?
>
>

I am old enough to actually know who uncle Fester is, and your reference was perfect; had me in a fully belly laugh. Karen had to ask what was up, sitting there laughing like a goon in front of the computer screen. I wonder if Rob would let us shave his head when we get a swordie?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Hey Glendon, my first priority is to fill the charter to cover some of the costs. Looks like we have two sign-ups for a charter at this point. I will let you know how things progress. My guess is that there will be room on one of the boats and I would bet we have 4 to 6 boats out that night. Of course, all this free competition is killing my charter biz! Stay tuned...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

>OMG Rob, I just spit my coffee all over the place. "You
>never know, I want to pull on something this year" says
>Captain John..."C'mon over here Deckie Bill". That's another
>Larkin special but what perfect timing to break it out now.
>And I thought that John wanted Bill on board for his
>skills...but now the truth has emerged. A long, slow troll in
>the night under a romantic moon...what happens while fishing
>for a "sword" at night stays on the boat!!!!!
>LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm, and this coming from the guy who invited the boys on board to help him "exercise his sonar" (post #4)...sounds like code to me.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Bill, do you have a good source for Humboldt? I have a couple markets in Gardena, but they do not always have them. I want to sew up a few already rigged and freeze them ready to go. Yesterday I broke out the downriggers. In May I am heading to Cabo to bring up my heavy tournament gear. Gotta be ready!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts