Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no bones at the domes

Left Dana point at 06:00 am got a good mix of bait from the bait guy, and headed 180. Passed through huge flock of circling birds above a large pod of the small porpoise. we circled trolling a pink feather and a crock for a couple of hours on that thing for nothing. marked a lot of something from the surface down to 180 feet but nothing wanted to play. At that point we were about 8 miles straight out from the domes. We decided to pound sand for some flatties and hit the domes...... nothing. no wind, no current. did nothing there for two hours then decided to hit the headlands for maybe a sculpin or two but got shutdown there also. tried drifting on the inside of the kelp by ritz for not. didnt even mark any fish there. normally we would at least be harrassed by sandies. the day however, was beautiful and the beer was cold. called it day at 3:00. Heard of a couple of threshers off dana. one c&r and one that needed assist boating the critter. Radio clue that the bones headed to the 179. Fish and game came by while we were at the headland to say hi and asked if we had fish, for once I wished I would have had to say yes.

This post edited by adam 05/15/2008

·
Registered
457 Posts
re: no bones at the domes

Fished outta huntington yesterday and pounded sand for flatties. Lotsa sculpin and the occasional sandie and calico. Moved onto a shallow rock pile for some steady critter fishing including a just short ling. After all our efforts we dragged through a spot very very close to home for a legal, a short, and a handful of raked baits. We lost a heavy one too. I heard they found the bones mid channel again. Thats what i wanted to go for but did not want to waste the gas after everyone said they moved on.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
re: no bones at the domes

Thanks for the report alot of good information. I think the fish left but I hope they will be back. We were lucky enough to land a few on light tackle on Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.