Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pretty much almost the worst case scenario:
PFMC decides at their Seattle meetings today to disallow the salmon opener April 1.

There will be a PFMC meeting beginning April 2 in Sacramento to decide the fate of the rest of the season, but for now the month of April is CLOSED. It does not look good for the rest of the year either....

I'm trying not to get political here, but this is a bullship piece of work by every single politician involved in the diversion of the Klamath River water, right on up to our President.....north coast local economies will be put through the ringer thanks to this incredible (once again) lack of foresight by north state water agencies, the Department of the Interior, and the President, whose signature allowed the dewatering of the Klamath to occurr.

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dang!!!!

I was counting on that to get me through my lobster withdrawels...Do you know if that is a "for sure" and is it also in effect south of Conception? I heard rumblings about the "non opener", but was hoping that was all they would be....

Hopefully the albacore will make an early show....

Andale

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Now you went and did it!

I've been following this since the beginning.
Damn government SELLS OUT, takes the money, and diverts water for the farmers.
Now the water levels are low in the Klamath.
Record levels of Salmon runs back up the river the last 2 years to spawn.
The habitat is blown out and record levels of Salmon die even before they spawn.
Record levels of potatoes grown by the farmers.
Now the farmers WHINE it's too expensive to ship the potatoes.
NOW the potatoes sit in the ground.

My solution . .
Harvest the Politicians.
Put the water back in the Klamath where it belongs.
Let the farmers do just that, farm . . on their own.
Take the potatoes and use them to make fuel.
Subsidize (sp) every taxpayer that was screwed in this deal . .
Stop medling with Mother Nature!

And who gets shafted the most here, again, yep THE FISHERMAN. x(

Dollars and greed, they go hand in hand!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's the story on what happened in 2002 in the Klamath. We have Bush and Rove to thank for that mess. Their whole administration is just one disaster after another. Willful recklessness IMO.

http://www.onrc.org/programs/klamath/coallfactsheet2.html

Can't blame the "enviros" on this one. This is pure cause and effect from this whole "neocon" (i.e. con-man) BS. Remember, no environment = no fish, period.

Riff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts