All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hers the question,
SO you head off for a good night of bugging, you have ten Filleted Bonita frozen but you want to catch more bait for the next trip, you have 2 people on board so how do you guys deal with the limits here?
Chris

·
Registered
896 Posts
catch 10 more for a total of 20 (limit for 2) then fill up with macs. No limit on the macs, and they work just as well.
John
"Bass Hole"
26' Striper WA

·
Registered
70 Posts
I will say

1. Bring the 20 fillets, stuff your nets, dump em, and then load up with freshies for next time.
2. Bring the 20 fillets of bonita and catch a different species (mac's) for next time.
3. Bring 10 fillets of F&D bonita, jig up some fresh mac's and offer the bugs a mixed bag. Keeping a few mac's for the next trip.

Its a good question Bitesomthing?

Take pictures, leave wakes

·
Banned
2,434 Posts
technically you can only catch 10 more...the frozen fillets stuffed into bait jars are still in your possession and now they are no longer frozen...tough to explain the bait when you already have full limits on board...

there is a way around it...you didn't here this from me......go the your local market and buy 10 bonita making sure you get a receipt clearly stating that you bought bonita, the wieght, and price per pound.....keep that reciept with you and your frozen fillets of bonita for the rest of the season or untill a warden checks your receipt...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Unless they changed the rules, (which with the F & G is entirely possible) you can only have 5 fish under 24" fork length. (about 5 lbs)

I think bonito may also have a minimum fillet size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts