All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, and I am sure many, gain much enjoyment and useful information from the unparalleled reports we all are fortunate enough to receive from Cory, AKA Tunaslam.

Well Cory, the comsumate sportsman, has blowm out his achilles tendor playing racketball. I have stood with him getting our kidneys pounded upon an unforgiving deck...but alas it was Terra Firma that has benched this great angler.

Like the man. or not...I ask that anyone believing that the wishes and prayers of others do help someone in times of need give Cory some of yours at this time.

And the reality is that one good leg or two...this guy will still outfish the best of us. I just don't want him to have an excuse why I have to drag his gear up to his truck.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Thanks for posting this Bud. Cory is definitely one of the good guys! He has been in my thoughts since he let me know about his injury I'm embarrassed that it wasn't me who posted this.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Wow! Cory if you read this, I wish you a speedy and total recovery. Because we are close in age, I always have marvelled at your stamina, as well as at your coherence with little sleep, etc. And now I find out you also play racketball! At least you did it at the end of the height of the fishing season ;-), although that is little solace.

Fish the Tides - Freddie

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cory,

Best of luck. Your reports make me jealous and make me keep coming back.

I know you will be laid up for a while so if you need someone to take over with your boating and fishing duties I volunteer my services. :_)

Tuna Slam rules.

Chuck

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
All the best for a SPEEDY recovery....never met him, but he seems like a really good guy and hope he is back at the rail (of course, because he is a ho, the rail of anothers boat :) ) ASAP......his reports are nails....and his skills and endurance are top notch

Cory, did you not know, Racquetball went out in the eighties ;), unless of course you live on the east coast...it's almost impossible to find a gym with a court these days....use play all the time when i lived back east.....great game.

Get well Cory.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Sorry to hear about Cory's injury. While I don't know the specifics of his injury, I have had several friends blow out their achilles. All of them have had a very successful outcome post-surgery. In fact, more than one of them has said that their Doctor told them "if the surgery goes well and you rehab well, your biggest fear should actually be blowing your other achilles since the repaired tendon will be stronger than your other one". But, I know it's a long slow recovery so I wish Cory well.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Get well soon Cory. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Your reports are my manuals for off-shore fishing and how it is done. I will be missing them.

And remember- "If you can't be an Athlete, be an athletic supporter".

GET WELL CORY!

·
Premium Member
8,257 Posts
RE: Bud and all of my friends-thanks so much.

The Good Lord answered my prayers on Weds. as my MRI displayed only a partial tear of my right Achiles tendon. I will not have to under go the knife, unless it does not heal properly. I will be in a cast for another three weeks, gad Crutches suck! Then the doctor will put me in a leg brace for 6 to 8 weeks.

After nearly four weeks already, my right leg is almost twice the size of my left, and aches almost constantly, but I live vicariously through thses fishing websites.

My wife Sheryl, of 37 years, finds plenty of reasons to leave the house on the weekends, as she knows I am climbing the walls, wanting to go fishing, or do something. However, she caters to all my needs wonderfully before exiting.

I must attempt to keep my leg raised above my heart as much as possible, even making time at the keyboard difficult and uncomfortable. Lots of football games on TV at least. Fight on! Go Trojans.

Having played handball for 27 years, and racquetball now for almost 13,(my back would not allow me to contniue to play handball anymore), and I dearly miss it, my lack of physical activity right now, is driving me batty as well.

Can't Thank everyone enough for all your support, and for so many thrills at sea, being shared with all of you. I must have patience and Doc says my racquetball days are probably over, so I will have to find another excercise routine.

Keep up the great reports.

God Bless.
Hook Up! Cory

·
Registered
184 Posts

I'm about to cry! Poor old Cory! He will be back soon. His new excersize routine will be to carry his own seven or eight rigs back to his truck, his backpack tackelbox with 95 lbs of whatever stowed in it an and old two gallon bucket with old rusty hooked irons hanging on edge ready to throw and an old red cooler with a sandwich and bottle of red. Old farts heal slower so take it easy Cory!

Agent 86

·
Registered
761 Posts
i think there are a few Yellow tail out that that are going to buy you a new Raquetball Raquet for Christmas this year, now that they know your weakness.
Chris (bitesomthing)
21 foot proline

·
Registered
3,241 Posts

Hey Cory,
Sorry to hear about your foot!
I can relate to a foot issue. (Still dealing with it.)
Hope your recovery is quick, and see you back in action!

Jersey Bro.
Jimbo

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Cory,

Good luck with your rehab, I'm sure things will go well. Look on the bright side, you should be fine by the time our summer fishing season heats up. Take care and get well soon.

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

1 - 20 of 31 Posts