Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
fishybuzz said:
That game is gonna leave a mark.

Oh did I mention Celtics in 6......;)

Life goes on and the Laker's will be back next season! Bynum, baby! No doubt, the Laker's got worked? But they went alot further then anyone would of predicted at the beginning of the year.

Anyhow, no need to add salt to the wound by calling them the Fakers.

Curiuos....Have you always been a long time Celtic fan or did you jump on the bangwagon this year? Anyhow, guess all you Celtic fans can have your moment. We all know it's been a while!

GO LAKERS!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
It hurt to watch that game! Congrats to the Celts. They outhustled and outplayed us. They wanted it and got it. Fishy called it right. That is OK - we will be back next year!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Last night was classic Gasol. When the going got tough, he ended up on his backside. While the trade was still a bad one for the Griz, I hope Lakers fans now see why the Griz dumped him. He was our go to guy for 6 years and just can't get it done in the big games. Hearing the commentators bash him, gave us a bit of consolation. Heck, even Phil was complaining about him being soft.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flopps1 said:
fishybuzz said:
That game is gonna leave a mark.

Oh did I mention Celtics in 6......;)

Life goes on and the Laker's will be back next season! Bynum, baby! No doubt, the Laker's got worked? But they went alot further then anyone would of predicted at the beginning of the year.

Anyhow, no need to add salt to the wound by calling them the Fakers.

Curiuos....Have you always been a long time Celtic fan or did you jump on the bangwagon this year? Anyhow, guess all you Celtic fans can have your moment. We all know it's been a while!

GO LAKERS!
Nope Not a Celtics fan at all...I stated in my other posts I don't really like either the Lakers or the Celtics...

the problem with the Lakers is they are one dimensional...everything has to run through Kobe.....and a good defensive team can shut that off as the Lakers have no other options....

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SOATS said:
Baja Dreamer said:
SOATS said:
Congrats on your prediction. You're not Irish are you? :p

Fishy O'buzz? :)

FISH HARD!
Heck you never know, back in the day in the old west when the Irish and Chinese were like working on the railroad together, there could had been some mixing of blood. 8)8)
My brother-in-law is Irish...last name Crowley he was born and raised in Boston...that's one big reason I don't like the Celtics...LOL

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Outhouse said:
Last night was classic Gasol. When the going got tough, he ended up on his backside. While the trade was still a bad one for the Griz, I hope Lakers fans now see why the Griz dumped him. He was our go to guy for 6 years and just can't get it done in the big games. Hearing the commentators bash him, gave us a bit of consolation. Heck, even Phil was complaining about him being soft.
He will have a role that will work well when Bynam is back.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I'm not much of a basketball fan, but the way I see it, the Lakers need to get rid of the Euro players and put more brothers on the team like the Celtics had. Euros play too soft and are not physical inside the paint. Just my $.02

·
Registered
110 Posts
Outhouse said:
There are lots of rumors on the various boards dealing with the draft that the Lakers are looking to unload Odom. THoughts?
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a Lamar Odom fan. I'd have no problem with moving him. I was all for the Lamar-for-Ron Artest deal a couple of years ago, and still am today. If Sactown wants to move Ron-Ron and parts for Lamar's expiring contract, I hope the Lakers don't hesitate.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
fuj said:
Outhouse said:
There are lots of rumors on the various boards dealing with the draft that the Lakers are looking to unload Odom. THoughts?
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a Lamar Odom fan. I'd have no problem with moving him. I was all for the Lamar-for-Ron Artest deal a couple of years ago, and still am today. If Sactown wants to move Ron-Ron and parts for Lamar's expiring contract, I hope the Lakers don't hesitate.

It's never going to happen. First of all Artest is a free agent (unless he doesn't opt out on his player option and takes the $8 million he can get next year from the Queens). If he opts out and becomes a free agent, salaries have to match in any NBA trade and you can't trade free agents unless they agree to do a sign and trade. Since Odom is making $17 mil next year, Artest would also have to be signed for $17 mil or a combination of Queen players whose salary along with what ever Artest is signed for (let's say $9 mil) matches Odom's salary. This of course would mean the Queens roster would be decimated and the Fakers aren't signing Artest for $17 mil.

·
Registered
110 Posts
First of all, Lamar's 2008-09 salary is $14.559M, not $17M. Sacramento could be interested in doing a sign-and-trade with the Lakers for Artest for two reasons - one, they could package Artest with Shareef Abdur-Rahim, someone rumored that Sac would like to unload. The problem would then be would the Lakers be interested in taking on Shareef's contract. Two, the Kings would get Lamar's expiring-in-2009 contract and have an additional ~$14M in salary relief or cap space after next season, with the potential to re-sign Lamar for less money.

OTOH, if Artest opts out and becomes a free agent (I don't know if opting out of a player option makes that player restricted or unrestricted), he could sign with a team over the salary cap for the mid-level exception (~$5M/year). Would he do this? Doubtful. But like other vets who haven't had a taste of a championship, maybe he would if it puts him on a team with more championship potential than the Kings.

I will agree it won't happen, but not for the reasons you state. IMHO, the Maloof's would never do anything that could even minutely help the Lakers' chances of winning a championship.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's only $14 mil. Fakers don't want to get stuck with Abdur-Rahim's contract which still has two years on it for $6 mil each year. They put themselves in a bad situation by signing Walton to that ridiculous contract that doesn't run out until 2011 and giving Vlad another bad contract that has two more years at the same salary as Abdur-Rahim. The Fakers are really salary cap limited due to those contracts. They also have to worry about re-signing Sasha and Turiaf. However, you're right about the Queens not dealing with L.A. Teams in the NBA don't trade good players to other teams in their own division, let alone their own conference (unless, of course, that team is Memphis, whose idiot owner now says he should have waited for a better offer for Gasol).

This post edited by SOATS 06/20/2008

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey the real problem with the Fakers is NO POINT guard...Fisher is a liabilty too short and not a good passer..it kills the offense when your best scorer has to bring the ballup.....the inside guys are a small problem the point position is the real problem....imagine if you had a Steve Nash type guard to feed Kolbe......

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
fishybuzz said:
Hey the real problem with the Fakers is NO POINT guard...Fisher is a liabilty too short and not a good passer..it kills the offense when your best scorer has to bring the ballup.....the inside guys are a small problem the point position is the real problem....imagine if you had a Steve Nash type guard to feed Kolbe......

the point postion is the problem,i agree. look at kobe and how he failed to score any significant numbers-that hurt big time and is probably why the lakers lost the finals,not to mention gasol sucking-a pretty decent player and shooter, but lacks mussel and weight and get's banged around too much under the basket.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.