Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS,

I WANT TO GET SOME YELLERS OR A DODO BEFORE I HAVE TO GO TO SUMMER CAMP FOR A WEEK AND MISS FISHING! I HEARD THERE WHERE SOME YELLOWS AND A LITTLE DORADO ACTION GOING ON, COUNT ME IN. ME AND MY POP WANT TO PADDY HOP AROUND THE 14 BANK OR AROUND 6 TO 8 MILES OUT. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHERE TO GO (CATALINA?). IF IM LEAVING OUT OF DANA WHAT KING OF BAIT SHOULD I GET AT THE BAIT BARGE, OR IF THERE ISINT ANY, WHERE CAN I GO TO MAKE SOME BAIT. IF THE FISH AREN'T BITING I AM READY TO JUMP IN AND SPEAR SOMETHING. IF IM OUT THERE SHOULD I BE SOAKING THE SARDINGS OR TROLLING THE RAPALAS,MABYE EVEN THROWING THE IRON. IF YOU CAN, A FEW SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE NICE TO MAKE A DAY TO REMEMBER. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Go out of Dana Point and start looking for kelp 3 miles out. Hit the 14mi bank, 209 or the 277 spots or even the 152 may be holding.. They are just about everywhere. Go get them while they are hear. People are predicting that they will be here untill october but you never know. Just like in mid june when the water temp cooled real quick the fish left the area. P.S no need to use caps that means you are shouting. Welcome to allcoast.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If you decide to jump in to spear a yt, wear white cotton gloves..Dive down 10' and just hang there. Take your time and don't take any long shots...Hold out your left hand and wiggle the fingers..this will frequently cause them to circle you, as they think, "squid". Usually, one or more will break from the school and come in close, giving you a good shot...aim for the lateral line just behind the gills...better have a long line and float or a reel on your gun..a big yellow can take you down if you have a short line....also, carry a knife in case of a tangle..Those big ones can drown you if you get wrapped...I speared a 55 pounder one time and grabbed the line to shortline him away from the kelp...the fish took me down 30' so fast, I didn't have time to let go....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts