All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, not my story but it needs to be passed along. Taken frm BD.

Here it is in a nutshell.
On my way to work this morning I got a few calls from a few baja friends and was told to get hold of my buddy Tom. Apparently something significant had occurred and they needed their San Diego connection to help. Thank God I wasnâ??t at work yet and I was able to get two guys to hold over so I could be late. I am glad I work w/firefighters/friends that will answer unquestionably when sh-t goes down.
Tom and his family were northbound just north of the toll booth in Rosarito this morning about 3:30 and a vehicle in which the driver was acting as if drunk got in front of his truck/trailer combo and started to slow down. Checking his rearview mirrors he noticed a truck w/2 guys in it easing up on his trailer. At that point he realized something was going down and he punched it. The truck pulled alongside and shot a round thru Tomâ??s door and it was a thru and thru on the top of his thigh. Tom essentially said â??#### this, weâ??re gonna die if we stopâ??, rammed the truck and hauled burro. He was really wishing for his â??45. They were chased for 10~ miles at speeds of 90~mph while slamming his brakes to hit the guys w/his trailer and also ramming them w/his truck while they were attempting to get around him.
When he got to the border the first to Border Patrol (I am not sure of what their official designation was) guys he spoke w/wanted to give him directions to the hospital. Fortunately an older, more experienced woman officer came up to see what was going on and initiated the 911 system. As you can imagine, my thoughts about these first two pendojos are not respectful and as a professional EMS provider I am astounded at these two idiots, especially in such a litigious society.
These same guys also stated that this may be an escalation of action against Norteamericanos since the arrest of the Arrellano guys. I donâ??t know nor will I speculate.
Anyway, I now have a very damaged trailer w/toys at my house and it has a sheared off wheel and some other damage.
So, after this episode and 12-13 years of driving at night in Mexico I am done w/that forever. Jesus, I really like driving at night but my philosophy has been changed in one very brief instant.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Glad your buddy is alright. I was having this conversation wioth a buddy today. I was promoting a drive down rather than the usual drop in at Shelter and ride down by boat. I guess i know what I will be doing on my next trip to mexico.
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
You have to do the caravan thing, people forget the 3rd world part that anything goes, and the police could care less about gringos.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love going south of the border. Ice cold Coronas for only a buck. Can't beat it. Like I mentioned in PT 1, I was advised by a very good law enforcement friend to avoid going south for several weeks because of the recent Francisco Javier Arellano Félix arrest. The US Feds are considering the death penalty if convicted.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Seems like a safety in numbers thing. A single vehicle is an easier target than a group. These seem like crimes of opportunity and like the lazy bastards they are they will jump at the easiest opportunity.
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did not think about that one, but its a great idea. Traveling in groups vs. alone will surely deter these idiots for even attempting anything.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Never been to Mexico but a freind used to travel there alot,He told me if you don't carry a big gun,big knife and a big dog,Don't go....

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I fail to understand why anyone supports Mexico in any way shape or form when crap like this happens.
It's happened for years, and it won't be stopping anytime soon.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Mexico Sucks!

Glad to hear your buddy is okay. I've stopped traveling Mexico because of all the problems and people. I'll fish the long range boats but not set foot on their land. I like fishing Alaska now and I just returned from a 9 day adventure in Soldatna. AK is much more appealing and more beautiful than Mexico IMO.

·
Registered
100 Posts
RE: Mexico Sucks!

I see a few guys still get the ugly american attitude,it's a disease,you think cause your a american w/ lots of money you deserve better,Se you guys gotta respect the locals,learn their language and style
I know some local boys who go to Mexico all the time,they have respect and style plus speak the language and never have trouble,Guys get theirselves in trouble over here cause they show up w/ zero respect then wonder why they catch the wrong brand of Hawaiian punch

Like I said respect the locals,don't pull the I'm so good ugly american attitude...........

·
Registered
7,160 Posts

>I see a few guys still get the ugly american attitude,it's a
>disease,you think cause your a american w/ lots of money you
>deserve better,Se you guys gotta respect the locals,learn
>their language and style
>I know some local boys who go to Mexico all the time,they have
>respect and style plus speak the language and never have
>trouble,Guys get theirselves in trouble over here cause they
>show up w/ zero respect then wonder why they catch the wrong
>brand of Hawaiian punch
>
>Like I said respect the locals,don't pull the I'm so good ugly
>american attitude...........

What does being car-jacked or being shot at or being shot or being
extorted or being robbed or all of the above have to do with respect?

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Well said John. Locals are getting the same treatment as the "snotty American tourists." I will not go back until things get a lot more stable down there.

David

·
Registered
100 Posts

Plenty,You think they target people out of the blue?? You think indiginous people are stupid?? Think about it............

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

>Plenty,You think they target people out of the blue?? You
>think indiginous people are stupid?? Think about
>it............

You my friend are a moron

·
Registered
5,880 Posts