Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All, I posted a prayer request for my Dad, Jake, last week concerning a pretty serious staph infection. Eventually it turned out to be shingles, but in his current weak health, that was dangerous enough. Many of you responded, and THANK YOU.
There was great improvement in his condition when I spent alot of time with him this past Sunday, and he told me and my family to go right ahead with a scheduled houseboat vacation at Lake Mead this week. Wednesday we got on the lake in the morning, and within an hour received a phone call that he'd had a major stroke. Came home immediately. Jake is now in a coma at Downey Regional and fighting to live. Ask your continued prayers for him and our family.

·
Registered
32 Posts
continuted prayers always, and so happy to hear that your Father's continued recovery..This Father's day will be especially wonderful...God Bless through Jesus, and may He always be with you and your family

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
This is creepy weird! My father-in-law nearly died from staph when he came out for Christmas in '06 and yesterday during his summer visit (he lives in NY) he was diagnosed with shingles. Whatta miserable virus! Read about it, it's contagious.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the prayers from all of the AllCoasters.
Unfortunately, my Dad, Jake passed away this afternoon. As much of a struggle the last couple of days were for him, thank God he is at peace.
~Coach

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
My condolences. May he rest in peace...and may you and your family also find comfort in your bereavement.

May the Lord bless you and keep you...
May He lift up His countenance upon and be gracious unto you...
May He lift His eyes up to you...
and grant you peace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.