All Coast banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this is Not the general topic board. Needs to be moved.
Anyone have a stop watch set to see how long it takes John to do this? :)

The sea temps are down right frigid, and boatwork continues at a blistering pace. With all this fun taking place over land on the back of a trailer, one has to constantly wonder what the upcoming season has up it's sleeve for us local anglers. Guesses? I'll go out on a limb and say Catalina will see a good run of sea bass since the squid has been, and continues to be there. Let's hope the water warms enough to drag those fish up to the Northern Chn Isles. Even 59-degrees by June would be nice up here. I also think Diego will see improved catches of albies and bluefin within 1-day range by early summer. Hopefully, some of that fish will eventually find their way onto the SoCal banks and Morro. Yep, last year was bilge slime on the local tuna tango. I'll leave the rest up to others. There's some serious talent out there so hopefully a few of these guys will chip in. Predictions?

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
I was in the environment last night. :7
Had I been home though, in mere milliseconds I'd have moved it.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
980 Posts
last year was not bad just no coverage becouse of bad weather and fuel prices the fish were there and so was the weather I think we had three weekends of fishable weather through the months of June through September.

I made 8 trips 100 miles out only to be blown off the water with 20 to 35 MPH winds 7 of the 8 trips.

lets just hope fuel prices stay reasonable and the weather will let us fish.

Don
28 Albin TE
Crack-O-Dawn

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great points Bill.. All the more reason for privates to work together while hunting offshore pelagics. Sad to say but hopefully this site won't be plagued by a few a holes who rarely fish but always have something negative to say to those that do. It chased some serious talent to other sites. Don is making leaps and bounds to rid this site of that crap. Anyone else notice the lack of this lately?

·
Registered
320 Posts
If someone really wanted to burn some fuel, and we had a nice weather window (those are two BIG ifs) there's some real nice water jus outside and above the 31/119 cross. It's been like that for a few weeks now, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if that area was holding.

Eric

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I believe May will see some redhot white sea bass action. Am hearing rumors that squid buyers are overloaded with beaks and the market is saturated, meaning, pressure on the squid could lesson, providing more bait for the wsb; albies will probably be back; should be a good year for barries and I will win a tournament for once in my life...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts