All Coast banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not being the most noted fisherman for blue water, I was hoping to see if anyone was planning on chasing Dorado and yellowtail this coming Mon. Tuesday... My Pop is in town from out of state, and I would love to be able to get him on a few of these fishes..

Can launch from Deigo, Dana, MDR, don't matter!

If anyone wants to team up lemme know~

Thanks!

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

"to fish or not to fish..now that's a dumb question!"

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hi Matt,
My mom and dad launched from VTA yesterday (Sunday) on their way to Catalina for the week and picked up two nice dorado both at 20# southeast of the 17fthm spot both on mackeral. Water was 68 but the fish didn't care. There were more fish there but they wanted to get to Avalon so didn't spend too much time. You might not need to drive south to launch. Good luck on your trip if you go.

Jenny

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Hey Matty,

We are planning to paddy hop from Hidden Reef (17 spot) South/SE on Sunday. It looks like the warm water is breaking up in that area but I bet that there will be some fish in that area for another week or so. Worst case there is a nice break running South of MDR down to the 172 worth looking at. If we have any success I will let you know.

Cheers!

Dan

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
That water did more then break-up in the area you described.

I know a handful of PB'ers that cancelled their 2 day trips to SBI
and the surrounding areas because of the break-up in water temps.

You may be right about a few fish hanging around in the area.
I'd speculate though the Dorado will make their way behind
SBI to the Osborn and further south to find the warmer water.

Where that nice temp break starts, as you described,
I'd start 1 to 2 miles due east and work down Dan.
Just my unedumacated opinion.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Thanks for the input John. The warm water seems to have firmed up a bit per the latest SST so we may still be able to find some paddies holding closer to CIH. I think we will bring some chum and Mako gear with us just in case nobody is home...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts