Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to run the boat so headed out to Pt.Loma with two friends on board and several bananas. I found some birds working a very significant baitball with barracuda everywhere. We picked off quite a few on the irons and lost many. One of the half day boats pulled up and joined in. They didn't try and push me off the barracuda which is a nice change of pace. In fact, all of the party boat captains that I encountered were more then fair to the private boaters fishing near them. We picked off quite a few calico bass on the plastic and one on a sardine. The bite dropped off a lot after 12:30 so we headed back in. I am fishing again on Sunday with my brothers, so hopefully, the fish will cooperate. Sorry for the late report but I could not post on Friday evening and I surfed my brains out this morning. For those of you who surf, it was still fun at San Elijo. Take Care.

John Segoria
1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A Cuddy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bananas? If someone got on my boat to go fishing and had a banana, the banana would be put off the boat and so with the guy who brought it aboard. Everyone knows bananas are bad luck for fishing!

jsegoria1 said:
I needed to run the boat so headed out to Pt.Loma with two friends on board and several bananas. I

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
RT4YT said:
Bananas? If someone got on my boat to go fishing and had a banana, the banana would be put off the boat and so with the guy who brought it aboard. Everyone knows bananas are bad luck for fishing!
jsegoria1 said:
I needed to run the boat so headed out to Pt.Loma with two friends on board and several bananas. I
Well, I guess it didn't matter in his case, he still had a great day fishing! Me? I would sliced'em up, and stuck'em in with some PB&Js ala the King!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have thrown the bananas over board but I didn't know he had them until he was eating one right in front of me. I had to laugh with it being Friday the 13th and all. Besides, I smoked him fishing so maybe the bananas did him in. He lost quite a few fish including one that took him right into the kelp. Night all.

John Segoria
1996 1850 Seaswirl W/A Cuddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.