All Coast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowrance Full-Size LMS-339C DF IGPS Recording Sonar/GPS+WAAS
I need to get a some new electronics on the boat fast, since I had some stuff stolen a couple weeks ago. Is this a decent unit? Let me know what you think please.
Here is the breakdown on this thing, please let me know if this is worth it?
Sonar: Yes GPS: Yes
Display Size
5" (12.7 cm) diagonal
Pixels (V x H)
480 x 480
Display Type
Color illuminated 256-color TFT
Backlighting
Screen/Keypad (cold cathode)
Sonar Operating Frequency
200 kHz / 50 kHz
Transducer Type
Dual Frequency Skimmer®
Peak-to-Peak Power
4,000 W
Maximum Depth*
2,500 feet (760 m)
Standard Features: COLORLINE� or GRAYLINE®, ASP�, FishSymbol I.D.�, FishTrack�, and more
Yes
FishRevealâ?¢
No
Ping Speed HyperScrollâ?¢
Yes
FlashGrafâ?¢
Flasher w/o FlashGraf
FasTrackâ?¢
Yes
Sonar Graph Recording
Yes
Sonar Alarms
Yes
Split-Screen Zoom
Yes
Temp Display
Yes
Speed & Distance Log
Yes
Receiver / Antenna
12-channel, internal GPS+WAAS
NMEA Input/Output
Standard 0183
Background Map
Built-in high-detail Lowrance map with nav aids
Custom Mapping
Optional MapCreate� USA Topo Accessory Pack, FreedomMaps�, Fishing Hot Spots® Elite, LakeMaster® ProMaps, NauticPath�, and Navionics®;
Waypoint Storage
Event Markers
Routes
Plot Trails
100 savable, 10,000 points/trail
Graphic Marker Icons
Zoom Range
40 ranges, 0.02-4000 miles
Man Overboard Feature
Yes
GPS Alarms
Yes
GPS Trip Details Recording
Yes
Other Features

Overlay Data
Sonar/GPS
Resize Window
Yes
Languages Supported
Built-in Back-up Memory
Yes
Input Voltage (vDC)
10 - 17
Casing
Sealed and waterproof
Dimensions (H x W x D)
5.4" x 6.9" x 3.4"
(13.8 x 17.6 x 8.6 cm)
thank you
Tony

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tony, Lowrance has a reputation as one of the better companies around, and friends that have Lowrance products on their boats all seem to like them. I personally have never used the model that you have detailed. I did have one of their units on my old boat and found it to be a good unit, and when I did need help with service, the factory was very customer oriented. Just a couple of thoughts in general. Peak power ratings can be missleading, just as they are when evaluating a stereo system. Looking at the RMS power rating will give you a better idea of how much power the unit actually has. More power equals more clarity/detail at any depth. On a personal note, I went from a single combo fishfinder/GPS unit on my current boat, to a seperat GPS/fishfinder unit and find it much more user friendly. The hassel of changing fields, reduced screen size while using both functions, etc. etc. on a boat that is moving is way different then in the showroom with the instructions in your hand. Just my 2 cents worth. Good Luck, Mark/Time Out MDR ch 72

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i guess my next question would be is a screen this size worth getting a "split" screen view. or should i just replace the gps that was taken and save for a screen that is much larger and can do more. i do need to upgrade my radar and fish finder but its not imparative that i do so right now?
thanks
tony

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tony, it's really personal prefrance. There are, and have been some really good deals on GPS units. As the manufacturers come out with new models prices can really drop on current models that are being replaced, which is how I got mine for about half of what it cost new. Also Do you have a GPS antena still on your boat, and will getting a different brand mean installing a different antena? how about compatable software? Bottom line for me was that having two seperate units is much easier to use. Screen size was an issue also. I lived with a combo unit for a couple of years and didn't care for it. Other guys have the combo unit and are very satisfied with it. Might be any number of reasons space,cost, etc. Good Luck Mark/Time Out MDR ch72

1 - 4 of 4 Posts