Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to the San Clemente Island closures. How do you read it?
I am interested in fishing Northwest harbor and White Rock on June 3 and 4. Can I fish there?
http://www.scisland.org/schedules/usageGoogle/usageGoogle.php?specDate=20-MAY-2008

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Wow - that is a SERIOUS upgrade in quality from the way the schedule was organized on the site in past years. I have not been on since last season and this is much improved. Now you can click on the specific closure and get the area outlined in color on the island map with in the same screen plus the lat/lon. Nice.

I did a very quick click through of your 2 days and Northwest Harbor looked open on both. You will have to check the lat/lon for any of the front side east spots against the SHOBA closure area. I can't recall what that area captures relative to Purse Seine, White Rock etc.

The trickiest part is reading the altitude. Floor means the sea floor. "0" means the sea surface. If the closure doesn't capture the sea surface then I've always thought you were safe to fish it. For example, the SWAT1 closure on June 4th shows a "500-5k" altitude closure which means the airspace from 500 feet to 5,000 feet. In other words, that means you can fish it.

Caveat - all of my info is my own opinion and could be wrong :). This is how I've read them in the past. And, of course, the Navy can change them at any time without warning so watch out for the patrol boats and monitor 16.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.