Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a great spring at the channel islands it was time to head south and dust off the Fresh One for the upcoming season.The trip started in an area 60 miles south of PV called Ipala with a top notch crew,me and my good friends Brian and Mark Wallace and Brians 2 sons Bengie and Brian jr.These two kids always bring good luck,they were on the boat last year when we got a 280lb tuna.When we arrived the first job was to make bait.I was pleasantly surprised to see the little anchorage full of greenback mackies.We plugged the tank and started slow trolling bridled mackies down the beach.Two minutes into the troll we had roosters charging the baits hard.They would crash the bait and jump and slash what an exciting fish to catch.We had a fish jump straight up about 20 feet and greyhound slashing its head wildly.This went on all day.About half way down the beach I put out a couple bigger baits and we had a double on some bigger fish.When the first one got to color I was stoked to see the biggest rooster I had ever seen circling under the boat.When the fish finally came up it was pretty worked and we could not revive it.The other fish was a little smaller than this one and was released to fight another day.This fished weighed in at 30 kilos even or 66lbs.That was the high lite of the trip for sure.We also caught some nice pargo and yellowfin tuna but nothing giant.Another awesome trip,the boat ran great and is standing by to take us on the next great adventure.Good luck,Gerney

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.