All Coast banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys. i copied/pasted...your thoughts on this mako report...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this was sent to me from a member posted on another site ......here we go............spent alot of time searching for those yellows very dead out there. never do very well during a full moon. got two swords at atlantis using green lightsticks. small swords though. ended up trolling to the hudson. looked like new york city out there. got one fish chunkin about midnight at 50 feet down. then just at sunrise two rods go off i grab one start reelin then feel 2 weird tugs then just dead weight up comes half a 60 pound yellowfin! then just behind it a 450-500lb mako what a monster well then the kaos began trying to get a harpoon ready shark leader etc. he didnt want anything to do with the chunk of yellow, so finally the harpoon is ready we tried to stick him 5 times have to sharpen darts! we start reelin in the other yellow then bump bump anothe half a yellow comes up with him rigt behind it! now 60 lbs of yellow in his belly and he wants more, we finally said heck with it and got a gaff in him then 2 we were shocked it didnt even phase him! now a tail rope we had a steel cable coated with rubber got him cleeted off started pullin him backwards, he didnt like that much, all hell broke loose it looked like niagra falls behind the boat then 20 seconds later he was gone! snapped that steel cable like it was nothing! we just stood there shocked! was heck of a show and experience, dam makos keep winning!!

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
East Coast Reports are to be posted here.
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=359
Thank You!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts