All Coast banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving Shelter Island tonight to look around. Probably point towards outer mushroom bank and work down to the SE for about 60 nm and make a loop back. Hoping for some pelagics but might have to settle for paddy fish. We'll likely be trolling day and night until we find something, anyone want to cover the water with us? Coming back Sunday night sometime, can fish up to 100 nm from the point if weather permits. I'll be on 16 (or maybe 68, 69, 71).

Steve
25' Farallon "187"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wish I would have known sooner to late to get buddies together and at 1 mile a gallon need fuel help on 120 - 150 mile run. Let us know how you did and possibly can run next weekend after full moon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If I might offer a humble suggestion, Start off south and east in the morning when it's calm Troll your way north and west into the swell and wind. Then in the afternoon when you turn for home your running down hill through the roughest part of the day. I always try to end my day in the furthest north west position I intend to go. It makes the run home much more pleasant. Just an idea I learned the hard way. Genesis 1 20

1 - 3 of 3 Posts