All Coast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing the boat to SD next Saturday for a week and I've never fished there. Frineds are flying in for a B-Day celebration and we're going fishing. I need a lot of help to stay out of trouble. Here are some questions I have and thanks ahead of time for taking the time to respond.

Mexican license-where do I get one and how much do they cost?

Looking at Terrafin I see the line noting Us/Mex waters-will it be shown on my GPS?

I'f I run from MB to the Butterfly would I need a license just in case I was stopped in the Mexican waters?

How do you check in with the US authorities if you cross the "line?" Do people really check in?

Where's bait barge in MB?

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
bait is in quivera, which is located on your starboard side as you are entering mission bay. if you make the first right you can when you are coming in you found it. look for the tallest building the hyatt islandia.

as far as a mexican license goes, absolutely! you always want flexibility. i just got back from fishing yesterday and caught all the yft you wanted plus dorado in mexican waters.

right now if you go west and find a good paddy chances are you will catch fish. don't be stuck on the warmest water you see on your terrafin, the fish are in cooler water right now. thats all the fishing tips i will give out. good luck

chris

·
Registered
502 Posts
Make certain that you obtain a mexican boat permit as well. Also make sure that all people on board have a mexican fishing license.

Good Luck,

Matty

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you kindly. It's all coming together-one more flight to Chicago and back for a meeting and then I'm on vacation!

I hope to be posting my success' next week.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts