All Coast banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
according to log the san pedro bait barges are gonna be gone for awhile..
http://www.thelog.com/news/newsview.asp?c=200490

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Freeking Janice ( Miss San Pedro ) Drops the ball again.
She talks so BIG about 'San Pedro' 'The Community'
'The Harbor Area'
She voted twice to give Tennie Pierce 2.7 MILLION DOLLARS
Fot eating a teaspoon of Dog Food. Her office in Wilmington
G St & Avalon is located 200' from a Rescue Mission Soup Kitchen feeding homeless, And 100' feet from a FLEA BAG Motel where guys run out to cars that pull up and sell CRACK right out in view of her window. I've seen it because I work down there.
She needs to climb out from under the Board Room table and serving
every Disney VIP that walks in. Hey Janice, 'look out your window
and thier is more to this Harbor than Shippers with Fat Wallets
and guys selling Crack outside your window'

Send her a E-mail. We & 22nd St Landing need bait in our tanks.

http://janicehahn.org/

D.R. Martin

·
Registered
980 Posts
That really bites because Cabrillo is only 18 miles from the West end and next door to Jankavicks and 18 miles from my house now we are forced to go to Davies which is 30 miles from my house and 8 miles from Jankavicks and 26 miles from the West end.

Plus the ride to Catalina was great coming out of Angels Gate but from Alamitos it more of an uphill ride.

This really bites!!!!!

I just went to her site and wow if she puts that much effort into 16 hotel workers is she aware of the amount of hard working people she just put out of work with this move?

Then again in reading her web page she only backs causes that have big headlines so maybe we should get the names and years worked of everyone this affects and try to get the papers to write a story of how this lady put so may people who devoted there lifeâ??s to the industry out of work and how much of a hypocrite she is when supporting someone only if headlines are to be had.

Don

·
Registered
37 Posts
yea im screwed w/o that easy access bait as Im out of H.H. and have very limited range in a little 13' inflateable. But I must say I was at nachos last month and it was so disgusting I couldnt even breath, an nacho bredda was all shrewd an criddeled. Oh yea that thing was defineatly a severe enviro hazard not to mention what it must do to the sides of boats. It bugged me out how neglegence was the vibe running that thing. I really always got mad love an irie vibes from Bills though. My 5 cents.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
What exactly does that statement mean? I will say this, I was out near Nachos the other day making bait, and I witnessed the LA Barge tied up to the existing barge. The way it's set up, Nacho will only be able to service his customers on the side facing the breakwall. I won't take my boat anywhere near the other side as there is absolutely no padding on that side. I can't imagine Nacho being too happy about the current arrangement. Jeff The Dalton Boys 21ft Parker

·
Registered
980 Posts
You guys have it all wrong Natcho is still there its Sammy down on the west end of the breakwall that is gone.

Alamitos is BAU its Cabrillo thats fubarbed.

Now I have to go all the way to the 605 freeway to get bait when I live 20 minutes down the 110 freeway.

Don

·
Registered
359 Posts
>yea im screwed w/o that easy access bait as Im out of H.H.
>and have very limited range in a little 13' inflateable. But
>I must say I was at nachos last month and it was so disgusting
>I couldnt even breath, an nacho bredda was all shrewd an
>criddeled. Oh yea that thing was defineatly a severe enviro
>hazard not to mention what it must do to the sides of boats.
>It bugged me out how neglegence was the vibe running that
>thing. I really always got mad love an irie vibes from Bills
>though. My 5 cents.

Not sure I understand what you meant with the above post but Nacho has always been cool with me. His bait has always been pretty decent and at times outstanding. And his scoops are very generous. Sad to see the S.P. bait situation get killed but I'm sure Nacho and Bill's Bait are pretty excited about the whole situation.

It's 4 Reels! - Parker 23
www.its4reels.com

·
Registered
980 Posts
LA harbor and Bill's had two bait areas one on the East side of the wall and one on the West side of the wall so they are sad because both lost one bait reciever and someone had contracts with 22nd street and LA Harbor sportfishing.

Don

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
RE: I'm confused...

Ok someone please educate me..

Bills Bait and Nacho's are staying, and the others are going.

Is Nacho an employee or an owner....and if he's a employee, who ones the barge...LA BAIT?

With regards to Nachos being a crank...he as always been cool with me, and has always given nice size scoops...sometime, to big of a scoop...but the barge is a mess and eyesore, and could use some serious overhauling.

The environmental issues?? What are they....dead fish, bird and sea lion sh%t, do the sea lions and birds not normally crap in the harbor, and do fish not normally die in the harbor...does the die off of bait really contribute that much?? and where does Nachos waste go,...or should I even ask :eek: :D

·
Registered
980 Posts

Natcho is an employee of La Harbor Bait Co. The barge they lost was down by the opening to the San Pedro Channel the one that Sammy was on who by the way was a very dear friend. He always had a word of kindness not for me but my children and every time I went out the kids would say are we going to see Sammy today?

As for Natcho he has his moments "but don't we all" he will yell at you one night and the next day be as friendly as a Saint.

You have to remember these guys get very little sleep as there is a customer at the door 24 hours a day.

LA Harbor bait is by far the better of the two services as to quality and quantity and variety of bait. IMO

Don

·
Banned
11,019 Posts

>Bills Bait and Nacho's are staying, and the others are going.

I Yakked Pedro Saturday I think Bill's is being removed.

Of the two recievers one was gone Bill's looked abandoned and was partially dismantled.

There was no bait there and I'd say half the equipment had been removed.

This will actually hit Kayakers pretty hard. Cabrillo is one of the favorite places to fish yaks. We can still make smelt but it was nice to have a constant supply of bait

I know it impacted my fishing yesterday the smelt wouldn't go so I spent all morning working plastic in the wind and rain.

It sure would of been nice to pick up half a scoop nad sit back and soak some baits.

Jim

·
Registered
94 Posts

I normally launch out of San Pedro.Then to Bills and then to the Island.

Where would it benefit me to Launch if I were to go up Palos Verdes Coast or the Islands with regards to getting live bait?

Does Dana Point still have bait up there?

Thanks
Cabo222
Rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts