All Coast banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased bait from Sam at LA Harbor bait last night and he informed me that the last day at their current location is this coming Monday, Sept 11.

According to Sam's side of the story, the owner of the barge was approached by Disney, who is currently filming Pirates of the Carribean III in and around the LA Harbor, and was asked to relocate the barge. An agreement on how much Disney would pay for the relocation could not be reached, so Disney approached the city of LA, who issued an eviction notice to the bait company.

The city apparently came back to the bait company and laid out some conditions that would allow them to keep the lease, but again an agreement could not be reached.

The Pedro barge will be towed on Monday and joined with Nacho's barge in Long Beach, at least for now.

I don't know what we can do about this, It seems that the owners of LA harbor bait, the city of LA, and Disney are all involved. I hesitated to post this because I have not been able to corroborate any of this, so the information I give here might not be entirely factual. I sure don't want to spread information that is not true, and Iâ??m not trying to cast anyone as the bad guy because I donâ??t know any details of the negotiations that took place.

What I do know for sure is that my bait guy won't be there next week when I go fishing and I'm not happy about that. I'll bet that 22nd Street Landing and LA Harbor Sportfishing can't be very happy about it either.

Is there anything we, the private boater fishing community, can do so we do not lose this resource?

John, I know this post does not really go here, itâ??s not a fishing report, but I think it is important to get the message out. Move it if you feel you have to. My goal is to energize the masses and see if we can somehow get this situation changed.

Ken

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=210434&mode=full&page=

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Ken,

Thanks for your efforts to inform, but trust me the word is out! This board has been chattering about it for the last week or so. You must have been fishing.

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

1 - 3 of 3 Posts