Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts or guesses when the sandbass are going to hit the flats? The water's warming up and a few boats have posted some decent counts. Let's hope this season is better than last! I know there's a lot of you out there that could care less, but for many the bass bite provides a reprieve from the crappy fishing we endure during the fall and spring periods. Aside from making the long run to one of the islands, our options are limited. As far as my kids are concerned, they love fishing the spawn. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Take care!

Jeff
The Dalton Boys

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Last season the Sand Bass fishing in SMB was phenominal.
I remember for a number of weeks the San Pedro, Long Beach,
and L.A. Harbor Boats were all up in SMB fish the Sand Bass.
Just keep watching the counts from the Party Boat Fleet.

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
june 8th they'll be there in force. i can feel it in my bones.

all kidding aside, it should be pretty soon. i was thinking about it myself on the way home from havasu monday. i personally can't wait for them to get here because it's a great way to teach newbies how to fish. it's fun, relaxing, and relatively speaking, it's cheap.

and JSea's right, the SMB bite last year was EPIC.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hello Jeff, Your not the only one that's waiting and looking for the sandbass, when there here it makes for a nice and easy day on the water, and your not having to put the hrs on the equipt and burn up that cheep fuel, Maybe see ya on the sandbass grounds, Good luck out there,,, Glenn on Pacified VHF # 69

1 - 8 of 8 Posts