Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catching any?
We fished the rigs today for about three hours no luck. There were three other boats also no luck. But we are hearing that some were caught Friday. Please post if you hear of any news.

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hey Adam, It's been pretty slow down here. Morro also. You have to go up to Moss to get any numbers. Pretty typical early season pattern. -Dr Bob (

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a friend who got one out there a few days ago...he was fishing DEEP, close to the bottom...I fished Morro a week ago, same thing, got one DEEP, 20 ft off the bottom, got a few knockdowns in the same area...

How deep were you fishing, and did you see much bait where you were?

Just checked the SST, looks like the wind is knocking down the SST which may be a good thing...

Andale

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I picked up bait at Channel Islands Sat am and the guy at the bait tank said he saw a 30 pounder the day before and also one other boat that had 3 for 6 guys. Up by the SB rigs,

Alan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Adam,

There are fish down here, just no volume yet. The few that have been caught have been mainly in 140-170 feet about 70-100 feet down off Rincon down to Rock Island. Most fish have been caught on rotary killers behind flashers. All in all nice grade of fish, about a 15# average. Go get 'em and please report findings good or bad.

Adam W.
Santa Barbara

·
Registered
260 Posts
Weather is ALL snotty, looks like salmon weather to me...I'm going to try locally tomorrow barring any unforeseen complications...

Andale

·
Registered
260 Posts
I went and saw nothing for 5 hours of trolling...the occasional bait ball..fished from the lower rigs to past Arco Island...pretty boring...

Andale

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Well, Greg, at least you gave it a go....good try anyway.

I'm hoping to get the boat back from Hondadude either Thursday or Friday, then I'll try to fish Saturday.

Hope you had a good Easter; read about your program in the News Press and I hope it went well for you!

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have to say, it was nice to launch out of the SB harbor again...despite the lack of fish, it was a gorgeous day, and there was no drive to contend with afterwards...

Dave, the Good Friday talk turned out great, it was for the YMCA and it was a sold out crowd at 7 am of several hundred people...I even got to throw in a good boating story!

I woke up the next morning went outside and heard the noise of my hydraulic engine lift stuck on...called Eric (aka Hondadude), he came over, picked up the boat, took it to Oxnard, replaced the throttle levers and switches, and brought it back that afternoon...talk about service! Anyway,Dave, yours would probably be done if I didn't butt in line!

Are you guys planning on going locally, or Morro? The fishing at Moss Landing looks quite good right now, I'm trying to figure out whether it is worth the haul for two fish...As you know, I love to fish Morro Bay, but another couple of hours buys a little more certainty...

Andale

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Robert....he's working at my house this morning....give him a call....
Oh yeah....fishing on Wednesday? Do you guys WORK????

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
>Robert....he's working at my house this morning I don't think so :). I ran by there a few minutes ago and his truck ain't there. I think Cody might be digging around out back but Stu's probably out fishin' Just as well! I really need to do some much needed yard work myself. -Dr Bob ( BTW I'll give you my "No work on Wednesdays" gig if you let me have your "No work all summer" schedule :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
OK! You're in luck. I just saw "The Man" drive by in his truck without the boat in tow. Either it's in a slip or he really is working this morning :). -Dr Bob (

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Think he's putting her in the slip this afternoon...
Wish i could go....
Cheeze whiz, Robert....when is that blue tarp coming off your boat?

Dave
My Three Sons

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
As long as Stuart has his boat in a slip it might be awhile :). -Dr Bob ( BTW went by your house again and "The Man" is hard at work. What the h*ll are you doing back there my friend. You take out another laon or what.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Trolled for 3 hrs lot's of bait but not even a knock down. I'll try again cause I like trollin, trollin, trollin, boy my ass is swollen. Rawhide.:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts