All Coast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on 05/19 Alex had a mishap with a razor knife.....

We took Bruce (HD) out shark fishing that afternoon....

Bruce left his camera on board and I used it to take pictures last weekend as my wife has been out of town for the past 10 days with my camera....

Don (Salsa) came over and checked out the boat....

Got some of the side decking installed and all the bow....

http://w]

Started working on the wind shields and side walls of the pilot house...

[img]http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/photos/data/500/100426boat6-med.jpg

Anchor locker.....

The pilot house walls are already up, the windows have been cut and the templates are on the way to the manufacturer...

I'll get some good pics this weekend....

Neill

·
Registered
257 Posts
hey as always, thanks for the post. that hand looks PAINFUL!

just curious....how much will this boat wind up costing in materials by the time she's done? is building it yourself helping economically, or is it just a way to have everything EXACTLY how you want it?

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
[blink]OUCH![/blink] I'm guessing those slices went to the bone.
And another [blink]OUCH![/blink]

That boat is almost there Neill!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure on the costs yet as she's still being built.....

I would say that it's cheaper to build your own but the personal time/labor is huge...our wives have not seen us on the weekends for the past 4 months now.....

The other huge factor is having a place with the tools to do the work, this could never be done in your back yard as we first thought, without Bruce's shop this project would not have made it....

Neill

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
that's gotta hurt. guess it's no exageration saying his BLOOD sweat and tears went into making that boat.

thanks for the pictures neill, she's coming right along. any planned splash date yet?

what city are you building it in? i keep looking at the pictures trying to think of some way i can help, but i keep thinking i'd just get in the way.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts