All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to the shop yesterday and Alex had spent a lot of time there this week......

The tanks we folded had originally been fabricated to fit the space between the bulkheads from port to starboard, it did'nt leave any spaces for the fisholds so Alex cut the originals down so they sit centered off the keel...

Inside the tank Alex created a baffle that will help with fuel tank slosh....

This is the fuel tank sensor that relays back to the gauges, it's quite feat to build a block, then mount the sensor through it and into the tank....More pics on that next week.....

All the fittings on the tank were cut, welded and threaded too..

Alex.....

http:]

Shannon....dude knows how to weld....

[img]http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/photos/data/500/100426DSC04168-med.JPG

This is the spot where they are going to be mounted...

Another tank is being created to sit in the next bulkhead up to cover the 100 gallons lost when the other tanks were resized...

Next week they will get finished and then pressure tested....

Stay tuned....:)

Neill

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

Its hard to tell but it looks like you might need anouther hole a little lower in the baffle.Seems like alot of fuel in that low part of the tank not being used.You could run the side of the tank with the pickup out of fuel.My 2cents.The project is coming along necely,I really enjoy the updates.Thanks Gernsey

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comeback Gernsey....:)

Your the second person to point that out.....nice thing is they ar'nt sealed up yet, we can make that adjustment...

Neill

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That's a heck of a lotta work to go catch a fish! ;)

You guys are doing an awesome job...Nice catch Gernsey! Just curious, are you planning on sealing off the bulkhead chambers?? if so, you might want to consider installing screw in plugs at the bottom of the bulkheads incase you might ever need to drain them. could come in handy if you find any pin hole leaks. (not saying there will be any, but just in case.)

Capt.Flattymatty
"PREVAILER"

"to fish or not to fish..now that's a dumb question!"

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know I should have looked at the pics I took of the tank from a different angle....

The pic made it look like the weld ran to the corner but it does'nt....

Each corner of the baffle is cut....

Thanks though, all observations welcome...:)

Neill

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Keep'em coming, great progress Neill.
When do you expect to drop her in the water the first time (target date)?

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts