Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Not sure if it's the same boat or not but there was a post on BD about a boat that went aground and the owners left and later returned to find the boat stripped of all it gear plus some fine letter on the cabin walls. Poster on BD was looking to find who took the gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betafish2 said:
Not sure if it's the same boat or not but there was a post on BD about a boat that went aground and the owners left and later returned to find the boat stripped of all it gear plus some fine letter on the cabin walls. Poster on BD was looking to find who took the gear.
when we got there /there was 2 people on the island walking over the cliff vessel assist was unloading 2 barrells and the 2 guys where
trying to get them to shore.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Betafish2 said:
One in the same.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Obviously a tragedy for the owner involved and worse, finding his boat stripped by the time he returned to collect the personal gear off the boat. It also sounds like you might should be talking to the owner, I'm sure he would be appreciative of any info you might be able to provide. You might also want to try to remember what you can about any nearby vessels description and hailing ports. Was this earlier today that you noted the boat, or late last week? Cheers, Bill

This post edited by first_watch 06/25/2008

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first_watch said:
Obviously a tragedy for the owner involved and worse, finding his boat stripped by the time he returned to collect the personal gear off the boat.

It also sounds like you might should be talking to the owner, I'm sure he would be appreciative of any info you might be able to provide. You might also want to try to remember what you can about any nearby vessels description and hailing ports. Was this earlier today that you noted the boat, or late last week?

Cheers, Bill
we left mission bay and went straight to the island sat morning / we saw the vessel assist boats there / went around the back side and there was no one in sight as fas as we could see / someone knows who did this and
proubly was more than 1 person that would be all the way over there fishing / karma will come around

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Not sure of the cause, but there is a stern line (anchor?) off the transom. Passed it yesterday, it was perched high on the rocks, it must have drifted on shore on a big high tide. Sux about the scuttling, creepy that it happened on SCI, could it have been America's boys? Would love to find the bozos that did it and hang them by their toes.. I know that the owner was able to get back on the boat to do whatever, unfortunately it was too late to recover his gear.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I got the story from a guy that was anchored next to this 38 bert. in the fog on the front.
He pulled anchor & ran around pyramid too close in the soup. Next he nears they call for the coasties.He ran WAY UP ON THE ROCKS..
Wayne

ran way up on ther

·
Banned
559 Posts
The rats that stole off that boat will surface sooner than later.F'ng amazing that someone would ripped off within 24 hrs on a deserted isle 50 miles offshore. If those guilty read this and you live in Newport Beach.....I got four words for you to read/learn and live by: "WE WILL FIND YOU" JPJ out.

This post edited by jackpotJennings 06/27/2008

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ironman said:
I got the story from a guy that was anchored next to this 38 bert. in the fog on the front.
He pulled anchor & ran around pyramid too close in the soup. Next he nears they call for the coasties.He ran WAY UP ON THE ROCKS..
Wayne

That's about the most we've heard on how this happened. Thanks for passing it on. Fog... YOu think Radar would have marked the shore clearly or that one would run far wide in such conditions... Live and learn.

ran way up on ther

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.