All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there fishing Newport Bay, Huntington Harbor, Los Alamitos Bay even San Diego and Misson Bay. Let me know whats going on. Got my 14ft Alum finially done. Now its time to hit the water.:)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Skiffed Newport Harbor last weekend. Clear water and warm with lots of eel grass around. Hit the wrong tide and had a slow afternoon. Morning was good, but mid afternoon sucked. Late afternoon picked up again. Winds kind of died down in the afternoon and it got HOT, left them biting...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Couple of weeks ago I fished Newport in a 12ft skiff my kids and I resurected. The area in front of the Coast Guard dock was real good on 3" swim baits. Tides are critical in the bay. We were able to catch sandies, spotties, Halibut and white seabass all on the high tide swing. In the same general area the moorings on both sides of the channel can produce very well. Good luck and I recomend catch and release on all spieces.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info fiend, Got to fix a small rivit leak on the alum boat then I will be back out Bigdee

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt I also believe in C&R I was talking to a Marine Bio. and he told me that he has aged Spoties as old as 23yrs. That is unbelievable. And to throw in a very long living fish he said that rock cod live to a ripe old age of 120yrs. Amazing please keep in touch with info as I also like to know whats going on. Thanks Bigdee

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'll probably fish Newport on Saturday morning. If your out feel free to say hello. My bay boat is a white 12ft skiff with mahogany trim and a red fordeck. Most likely be in the general area of the Coast Guard dock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts