Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

SMB 'CudaFest W/Pics...............

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  tsurikichi 
#1 ·
Left the dock at MDR at 6:30am and got a scoop from JC at In-Siene.Nice to see Him...He looks Good & relaxed.... ;)

After watching the Temps the last few Days,I thought I'd head to some spots in the channel 'tween PV & CAT.Island.........
Never made it that far............

Birds Crashing Everywhere..... !!!!!

About 5-6 miles out we see Birds/Bait & 'Cudas Partying without Us...
Juan was 1st on a Crocodile......

Then it was My turn using my Bass outfit w/12# P-line.....

The wat Temp was 60.5-61.5d and clear,Air temp was 78-80d & Every fish was a Legal....we didn't catch a short all Day...... :p

It was just Us & an Aluminum skiff w/3 guys chasin' Birds & Hookin' Up........ 8)

Then THEY Came.........

After another hour of Hoop & Hoolers from the Onslaught of other Boats,We decided to take our near-limits and head in about Noon.

Bled & Chillin' ......

I stopped at Hermosa Reef for a couple nice Sandies on the Redflake plastics......

The bite shut down at 1:30 & we Headed for Home.......

Homeland Security......

Some Summer "Scenery"........

Time to start Cleanin'........Smoked Barries' tomorrow...... ;)

If anybody likes 'Cuda...... Go Get 'Em....... !!! ;)

P.S....this Trip was made possible by My Darling Wife who underwent Surgery on Wed.& made such an incredible recovery that She insisted that I go out Today......Thanks,Babe...... ;)

See less See more
#8 ·
Hi rubble,

Ah ... here's your latest !! Awesome report !! Fantastic Pics !! As usual ..... Most very excellent represent on one PBer/anglers' day out on the water chasin' ... and chatchin' fish !!

I was sad to see the Cuda run up the coast so quick but that seems to be what they've done the last couple of years when they approach and make that turn around Rocky Point !! Bonito didn't stay long either !! We saw some residual Barracuda jumping (no birds) at the 'Shoe' Wednesday but the numbers were not good enough for a moo-moo with 31 anglers to chase !! You know how that goes.

As we know ...... What has to be passed up by a moo-moo can provide great action to the PBer/angler !! Just the nature of the beast.

Anywho, great you got all that good Cuda meat to smoke. As you know how to take care of them, after gaff, I'm sure they are in primo smoking condition.

My parents were not rich and we'd smoke our cuda in the late 50's and early 60's but didn't have the smarts to cut out the blood line and yet .... and although strong ... it was still gratefully eaten. Dang I think I still have their taste (Cuda .... not my parents) in my mouth ! ha ha ha

Await your next adventure,

tsurikichi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.