Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the metal star drag replacement and it stripped out during my first trip. I bought another one from the same online dealer, who just happens to be a sponsor here on Allcoast, and on this one, the hole was too big and it just slid right down over the threads. They have offered to replace it if I send it back though. I have put the original fiber star drag back on and it works fine, but I am afraid of it failing too during a trip. Anybody else having this same problem?

This post edited by tuna 06/15/2008

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've replaced it on two of my reels with no problems so far. When you put it on you have to make sure its threaded properly. Its pretty easy to have it tilted which might cross thread the shaft. Maybe there is something up with the gear sleeve threads P/N #98-113HN? Or maybe a bad batch of stars.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Is there anything wrong with the original? It looks darn strong to me. I haven't read anywhere where somebody has said they had a problem. I have one and it seems smoother than my metal stars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.