Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to the current conditions around dana. I went to catalina last saturday to the front side for 70 degree water and good bonita and calico bite at hawaiian gardens but am considering this weekend for either the area just north of the boiler rock at dana towards the ritz or possibly san mateo kelp area or the domes but really havent heard a lot about the bite in those areas. the landing reports are mentioning yellowtail and such but are those coming from paddies or are they adjacent to the local kelp beds? The 8th is my 6th wedding anneversary and my wife annie wants to fish. where should we go? If the sea is cooperative we could go to Catalina but the last trip took 50 gallons. Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Adam,

Dana Boats have gotten yellowtail off the domes and off the kelp outside even better if you can believe it, on the 4th of july they hooked about 5 dorado about 10 miles out and landed one.

Bass and halibut have been on the chew if your in the right spot, my friend got an 8, 12, 14 and 25Lb halibut on his boat on the 2nd of july outside the harbor, i got one legal and quite a few bass in the same area, please note he did not catch his while i was in the immediate area, i had to leave early.

I also made a drift off San Mateo for a large leopard and some very nice strikes, someone was in my spot so i moved on, but it looked like nice water.

I suppose north is a good bet as well, there is a lot of life out there now.

Good thing about dana is the short harbor ride. Good luck

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the post. Thats great news and valueable information.my wife will be happy for the short boat ride, and I for the gas discount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts