Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surf's up. Care to guess where? The pictures are not 'shopped. They are cropped, resized to fit the website standards, and in some cases contrast corrected. But there is no trickery here. They are exactly what they depict, i.e. some youngsters surfing. But where?
And the answer is... v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v
It's the Eisbach River that runs through a small park in downtown Munich. The natural rapids inspired the local youngsters to surf it.

This post edited by Hawk 06/11/2008

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Standing waves look like great fun to ride. I've always wanted a chance to fun around on an almost never ending ride. The down side is the wipe out can take you a ways down river depending on the flow.

This post edited by Hithard 06/10/2008

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
I was there last year. It's English Gardens Park in Munich. Pretty cool. But I have to say that the standing wave was the least interesting aspect of that park. The good looking naked girls lying all over the park were a lot more interesting IMO.;) The river there was really nice and, while relatively fast (maybe ten MPH), not at all dangerous. Just downstream of where that guy s surfing dozens of kids were jumping in and floating the length of that particular run (several hundred yards), only to climb out and do it again. It really looked like a lot of fun. Bill

This post edited by WJW 06/11/2008

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, a sample.

The columns of the great Basilica of Esztergom, Hungary.

View of the Slovak shore (town of Sturovo) from a hill in Esztergom.

The wonderful thing about shooting digital is not having to worry about the cost of film or running out of film. The downside is shooting so many pictures it will take weeks to got through them.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
By "the rest of the pictures" I think he meant all the young naked girls sunbathing in the park that were previously mentioned. Those are the ones I wanna see anyway.

The landscapes are nice too. Man I gotta get back to Europe.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
If you missed all the naked girls Hawk you must not have walked through the park...especially the portion of the park beginning approximately 150 yards downstream of the standing wave. Since I figure Hawk'll be back before too long...and since I'm hoping it's not a big hassle to delete a photo...and since the photograph below is nothing more than one of God's creatures in a completely non-sexual context...and since this photo is clearly not gratuitous nudity and is wholly within the subject matter of the thread... and since I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to snap this photo with neither my wife nor the subject realizing I did so...I have decided to post one of the more tame examples of sunbathing in English Gardens park. You gotta love a town where the girls ride their bicycles to to the park for nude sunbathing. In this era of global warming, such low-carbon-footprint activities as that should be an inspiration to us all. Bill P.S.: I can't wait till someone posts a thread about the Italian Riviera. I've got some really good non-gratuitous-nudity sunbathing shots of that region. 8)

This post edited by Hawk 06/12/2008

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Not gratuitous, perhaps. Titillating, definitely.

:p:p:p:p

By picking one of the less buxom Germanic liebchen, you've managed to convey the concept while maintaining the high standards of all of us at AC.

;)

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
WJW said:
If you missed all the naked girls Hawk you must not have walked through the park...especially the portion of the park beginning approximately 150 yards downstream of the standing wave. Since I figure Hawk'll be back before too long...and since I'm hoping it's not a big hassle to delete a photo...and since the photograph below is nothing more than one of God's creatures in a completely non-sexual context...and since this photo is clearly not gratuitous nudity and is wholly within the subject matter of the thread... and since I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to snap this photo with neither my wife nor the subject realizing I did so...I have decided to post one of the more tame examples of sunbathing in English Gardens park. You gotta love a town where the girls ride their bicycles to to the park for nude sunbathing. In this era of global warming, such low-carbon-footprint activities as that should be an inspiration to us all. Bill P.S.: I can't wait till someone posts a thread about the Italian Riviera. I've got some really good non-gratuitous-nudity sunbathing shots of that region. 8)
Glad to see its not totally devoid of redeeming social value, and you didn't even have to quote Shakespeare to do it. :p

This post edited by Hawk 06/12/2008

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>If you missed all the naked girls Hawk you must not have walked >through the park...especially the portion of the park beginning >approximately 150 yards downstream of the standing wave.

You are right. We did not venture from the bridge.

>Since I figure Hawk'll be back before too long...

Yep

>and since I'm hoping it's not a big hassle to delete a photo
Yep

>...and since the photograph below is nothing more than one of God's >creatures in a completely non-sexual context...and since this photo >is clearly not gratuitous nudity and is wholly within the subject >matter of the thread... and since I'm pretty proud of myself for >being able to snap this photo with neither my wife nor the subject >realizing I did so...I have decided to post one of the more tame >examples of sunbathing in English Gardens park.

Yep

>You gotta love a town where the girls ride their bicycles to to the >park for nude sunbathing. In this era of global warming, such >low-carbon-footprint activities as that should be an inspiration to >us all.

Yep.

>P.S.: I can't wait till someone posts a thread about the Italian >Riviera. I've got some really good non-gratuitous-nudity sunbathing >shots of that region. 8)

Nope

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Brad_G said:
Glad to see its not totally devoid of redeeming social value, and you didn't even have to quote Shakespeare to do it. :p
Yeah really!

Besides, why look here for something "totally devoid of redeeming social value" when you can see that sort of thing on a federal circuit court judge's own personal website? 8*

FISH HARD!

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Hawk,

Cool pics... and summer has arrived!!

How long will you be in Deutschland? I'm headed there next Wed for a few days...., but I'll be in the Stuttgart area and then head up to my office in Nurenberg. If you're around, I'd love to meet up with you and buy you something cold... Give me a shout on my cell...

Cheers, Bill

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the offer, Bill. I am back in the good old USA. Paula and I were on vacation for three weeks. Spent some time in Italy then drove to Salzburg then Munich then went to Passau where we boarded a boat and cruised the Danube. Very relaxing. I love Munich. It has been a favorite of mine for many years and this trip I "discovered" the best Italian restaurant outside of Italy. If you are in Munich or anywhere within driving range, it is well worth a visit. Acquarello at Milbaurstr. 36. http://www.acquarello.de/en/restaurant_en.html

Too bad our schedules did not coincide.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Hawk,

Welcome back..., and yes it is a bummer we missed paths as I was there just a few short weeks ago as well....., but your focus is in the right place and it sounds like you were well informed as to where to go on your holiday. Salzburg is great, as is Munchen and you picked a great Italian resturaunt in the heart of Bavaria..... (funny when you think of it..).

Next time let me know when you're heading that way. If nothing else, maybe just share some tips or let someone know you're headed that way.

Oh...., BTW, welcome back!!!

Cheers, Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hawk said:
I know. But this was a vacation with my wife and I didn't see any naked nubile bods. Honest.
You might want to learn to 'accidently' work the hotties into the background of your family pics.;) My parents have travelled extensively and my dad's pics of almost anything just happen to have local talent walking by.

Fun post... thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.