Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank You Paul and Mary for a very interesting and informative Salmon seminar last night, at the CIA Meet & Eat.

I heard lots of positive comments and good questions. Hope the Salmon pop up down here so we can make use of the information.

We had more than 43 folks at the seminar and the raffle brought in $271.00 for RFA So.Cal.

Got to start my search for next months speaker! Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Thank You, CIA, Pro Gear, WFO, Paul & Mary and . . . .

Once again, I had a great time! Your hospitality and support for the volunteer efforts of our RFA SoCal chapter is invaluable. The ongoing contributions from the retailers and manufacturers who support your monthly raffles is a huge part of what enables us to travel around the state, represent and lobby for the interests of SoCal recreational anglers.

Your membership dues and contributions to RFA National are essential. They support an expensive and critical political effort on the federal level that opens doors for all of our RFA chapters. That said, your contributions to our local chapter are what keeps us well represented on issues local to Ventura and Santa Barbara counties and the rest of SoCal, as the numerous panels and regulatory meetings move around this vast state.

Not to take away from the many folks and businesses that have already contributed merchandise, I want to add a special thanks to Randy Kao of Pro Gear for joining the ranks of the businesses that support us. If you haven't been there recently, pay a visit to http://www.progearreels.com and have a look. Hopefully, we'll be seeing more of these outstanding reels on the raffle table. It wouldn't hurt to go to the contact page and email Randy a brief thank you. :)

It was a special joy to bump into another boatless fishing buddy who I haven't seen in a few years. Steve (aka walkerman) was made to feel welcome, and I'm sure you'll be seeing more of him. The two of us share a passion for fishing with jigs for tasty bottom critters, on party boats. We had a great reunion and I expect we'll be sharing a rail again sometime soon.

Although my interest in salmon fishing is rather low, I was completely fascinated by Paul's talk, which somehow combined the best aspects of the Discovery Channel and Popular Electronics when it comes to serious pursuit of those fish. I consider myself to be somewhat of an amateur marine biologist, but Paul quickly demonstrated that there is a whole lot I don't know about salmon.

Joel
[font size=-2 color=black]DARK SIDE MEMBER[/font]
[font size=-2 color=black]SAVE SPORTFISHING [link:www.joinrfa.org|Join RFA][/font]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts