Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[font size=4 color=red]
CIA Meet & Eat for October[font size=4 color=green]
Thursday October 19, 2006
No-Host Bar opens 6:00 pm, meeting 7:30 [font color=blue]

Topic: Kayaking the Ventura County Coast & Channel Islands
Including Gear Needed, Locations to Fish & Hooping!

We will meet at the Channel Islands Yacht Club, on the west side of the harbor; it is just down the road from the Whales Tail & Port Royal. The address is 4100 Harbor Blvd., Oxnard, CA 93035. Phone (805) 985-6687

We will provide a buffet but I need to ask for $8.00 to defray the cost of the food. If you show a current RFA membership, sign up for one, or are a CIYC member the dinner will be $7.00 [FONT COLOR=RED]We are having Beef Stroganoff this month!

This is the last meet and eat for the year. I also must justify the effort for next year to the CIYC board of Directors, so attendance counts alot. Please show up if you want to continue next year!

[/font]

The YC is providing a bartender for a no-host bar. I have invited the CIYC Anglers Club members as well.
[font color=green]
The Speakers will be Jason Morton from Kayaksportfishing.com and Mark Olsen, sales rep for Ocean Kayak , Old Town Canoe & Kayak, Extrasport Paddling Gear, Carlisle Paddles & Acc.
Jason Morton is a Licensed guide and owner/operator of KayakSportfishing.com, a leading online resource dedicated to kayak fishing, Pro Staffer for Ocean Kayak, Accurate, Daiwa and Scotty Marine, Produces some of the largest kayak fishing events in the nation. Kayak fishing seminar speaker.
These guys know their stuff!

Bring your fishing info, pictures or videos to share. If you have items related to fishing to sell or swap bring them along.
[/font]
We will have a RFA drawing with some neat fishing related stuff.

If you think you might attend please respond here or to my E-Mail, [email protected] so I know how much food to make.

Frank Sullivan, Director CIYC

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just picked up some great stuff from WFO Sportfishing, Eric's Taclle and Capt.Hooks for the drawing. Other folks are bringing stuff too like Candy Catchers, Beacon Marine, Get Bent and Joel from RFA as well as others.

See you guys there.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert,

There is NO formal membership. NO president, NO board NO DUES; just friends who love to fish, enjoy the programs and food not to mention an inexpensive bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts