Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
game 4 ..... lakers up by 24 and lose!! ray allen's move on sasha has left a permanant scar. hate to say it but the lake show has ended.

This post edited by pkil 06/13/2008

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
My guess is Kobe will want to be traded before next season and Phil Jackson will opt out of his contract and go back to fly fishing full time in Montana. The main problem with the Lakers is they are too one dimentional. They have a great offense, but lack defense. Their center (Gasol) is too skinny and get's muscled out of the way too easily, and Odom is consistently inconsistent. You can't rely on Kobe to be the game saver every game. Just my $.02 8) GO ANGELS!!

This post edited by Pelagic Hunter 06/13/2008

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
The big difference is Bynum. Assuming he's back next year and playing like he was, the Lakers win. Gasol has long arms and excellent skills, but isn't strong enough to bang down low.

A front line of Bynum, Gasol and Odom, with Walton and Ariza in reserve? Killer. What I'd love to see them get is a CONSISTENT outside shooter--Radmonovich is way too inconsistent and the other parts of his game don't impress, and Sasha seems to shoot much better when the Lakers are ahead rather than when they are behind. JMO.

Agreed that they don't have a classic point guard, but the triangle offense does not require one--it does require a good passing team, which the Lakers do have. This is one reason why they didn't pay the price to get the aging Kidd.

Actually, more than getting a classic point guard, I wish the Lakers would get someone who could defend against one. @(

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Brad_G said:
The big difference is Bynum. Assuming he's back next year and playing like he was, the Lakers win. Gasol has long arms and excellent skills, but isn't strong enough to bang down low.

A front line of Bynum, Gasol and Odom, with Walton and Ariza in reserve? Killer. What I'd love to see them get is a CONSISTENT outside shooter--Radmonovich is way too inconsistent and the other parts of his game don't impress, and Sasha seems to shoot much better when the Lakers are ahead rather than when they are behind. JMO.

Agreed that they don't have a classic point guard, but the triangle offense does not require one--it does require a good passing team, which the Lakers do have. This is one reason why they didn't pay the price to get the aging Kidd.

Actually, more than getting a classic point guard, I wish the Lakers would get someone who could defend against one. @(
Brad it is apparent to many that they do need a POINT GUARD..I don't care if it is a triangle, square or a circle offense ...they lack a guy to set up the tempo they need to win.....and that is a point guard...

Celtics in 6

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
fishybuzz said:
Brad_G said:

Brad it is apparent to many that they do need a POINT GUARD..I don't care if it is a triangle, square or a circle offense ...they lack a guy to set up the tempo they need to win.....and that is a point guard...

Celtics in 6

Well, I guess we partially disagree--I don't think the triangle requires it as much as other offenses, and also think that someone else holding the ball and deciding when and if Kobe gets a shot is a recipe for conflict.

But as posted before the series started, I also predicted the Celtics in 6...but that may have been optomistic.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
Brad_G said:
fishybuzz said:
Brad_G said:

Celtics in 6

Well, I guess we partially disagree--I don't think the triangle requires it as much as other offenses, and also think that someone else holding the ball and deciding when and if Kobe gets a shot is a recipe for conflict.
Brad you have hit the nail on the head...Kobe should not be the decider...A real honest to goodness smart point guard would decide when Kobe is the best option..that guard would also be sure everyone is involved on both offense and defense.....just imagine a Laker team with a Nash or a Stockton or a Paul....instead of having Luke Walton bring the ball up....The Lakers are one dimensional without a point guard....KOBE....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.