Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Baja Dreamer said:
fuj said:
Nail knot.
It's a little more than just the nail knot. ;)

FISH HARD!
It is, but it isn't. ;)

It's a nail knot affixed to the line itself that acts as a secondary mechanism to prevent the mono/fluoro from slipping out of the finger trap. This affixed nail knot "nub" gets inserted into the hollow connector, then a nail knot serve is applied to the mono/fluoro side of the nub. The nub butts up against the serve, stopping any line slippage that has occurred or might possibly occur.

Does it work? Got me. Gary's going with the "trial by fire" testing method...

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
fuj said:
It is, but it isn't. ;)

It's a nail knot affixed to the line itself that acts as a secondary mechanism to prevent the mono/fluoro from slipping out of the finger trap. This affixed nail knot "nub" gets inserted into the hollow connector, then a nail knot serve is applied to the mono/fluoro side of the nub. The nub butts up against the serve, stopping any line slippage that has occurred or might possibly occur.

Does it work? Got me. Gary's going with the "trial by fire" testing method...
Yeah, that's better.

I misundestood what you were saying. I thought you were only talking about the one on top that he's using to replace the crimp or serve. ;)

FISH HARD!

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
First off, I am in no way "excited" or going to do some testing on these. I wasn't very crazy about Gary dropping my name on both his blog and Bill Roecker's site as far as my "testing".
I did play with it a little, found it very slow and tedious, and went back to Sato crimps in a heartbeat.

Ok, fast forward to today: Jerry Brown just called me, and informed me I've been putting a nub in front (reel side) of the crimp for years. Jerry's watched me make my topshots, and I put a drop of his glue above each crimp prior to crimping. That drop of glue wicks through, adhere's to the FC or mono, and forms a nub. After crimping I glue the whole area, but that nub is on the mono.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"...I did play with it a little, found it very slow and tedious, and went back to Sato crimps in a heartbeat."

agreed. i see gary updated his blog this morning with more pics and instructions. ill stick with premade served L2Ls.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
puroagave said:
"...I did play with it a little, found it very slow and tedious, and went back to Sato crimps in a heartbeat."

agreed. i see gary updated his blog this morning with more pics and instructions. ill stick with premade served L2Ls.[/quote

Yep Iron Thrower makes all my L2L's, premade and perfect everytime and no muss or fuss...:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.