All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 734 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really getting hard to try and ignore or make excuses that Trump is really a wanna be Dictator. Thankfully, we still have some checks and balances in place that will hopefully prevent this, even though he is trying his best to undo them. Do some real unbiased research on past dictators and see what they all have in common with Trump. Here's a few examples to start:
1. Narcissistic
2. Has Family in administration
3. Profits from the office
4. Attempts to overthrow federal law enforcement
5. Attempted to nationalize police departments
6. Moving towards creating State News service
7. Labels the press as opposition
8. Withdrawing from world organizations and treaties
9. Fires anyone who questions him
10. States that "I am the only one that matters"

But we'll just go with "Authoritarian" if it makes you more comfortable!

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
It's really getting hard to try and ignore or make excuses that Trump is really a wanna be Dictator. Thankfully, we still have some checks and balances in place that will hopefully prevent this, even though he is trying his best to undo them. Do some real unbiased research on past dictators and see what they all have in common with Trump. Here's a few examples to start:
1. Narcissistic

1. How does this have a negative effect on the country?
2. All Presidents do
3. All Presidents do
4. For example?
5. For example?
6. For example
7. The press is in opposition to him and all non-leftists
8. What world organizations and treaties?
9. Not true
10. So what

Rather than just regurgitating a list you got from the opposition press, why not pick one or two, provide few examples to support your position and open a discussion?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh Really?

Why don't you try to convince me that he is not a wanna be dictator?
By the way, I am a registered Republican

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
That would be like trying to convince my cat that it shouldn’t chase the geckos..., guys like you already know everything you ever will.

No doubt you’re a real republican just like tard-boy.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Is it not hilarious that the left pretends to be all about tolerance and whatnot while at the same time making insulting personal comments about people they disagree with?

The left hates anyone that does not fall in line, but the left’s position is so weak that they are unable to actually have a real discussion so they have to resort to name calling.

The hypocrisy of the left is stunning.

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Lmao

driveby - Is it not hilarious that the left pretends to be all about tolerance and whatnot while at the same time making insulting personal comments about people they disagree with?

pez - oh the irony

The left hates anyone that does not fall in line, but the left’s position is so weak that they are unable to actually have a real discussion so they have to resort to name calling.

pez - oh the irony

The hypocrisy of the left is stunning.

pez - oh the irony

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Your examples are very poorly fleshed out or considered. My comments in parentheses.

1. Narcissistic (this is an allusion to Narcissitic Personality Disorder. An necessary feature of psychological disorders is an actual disorder. In this case a self-infatuation that creates incompetence and ineffectiveness. High ego's is a regular feature of leaders. If a high ego drives you to success its not a disorder.

2. Has Family in administration. (No evidence is presented that authoritarians do this more than others. In Trump's case, the family members in question don't have executive authority. Appointing family members to the head of an agency like the DOJ or the Peace Corps was made illegal in 1967 probably because of Kennedy's appointments of his brother and his brother-in-law to executive positions in charge of agencies.

Further Trump has a long history of conducting business with his relatives in executive positions and Trump values their advice. Enough said.)

3. Profits from the office. (No evidence offered, simply fodder for the guilty until proven innocent crowd)

4. Attempts to overthrow federal law enforcement (Huh? I think you have that one backwards. Not holding law enforcement accountable is the hallmark of an authoritarian)

5. Attempted to nationalize police departments ( I have no idea what you are talking about)

6. Moving towards creating State News service ( I have no idea what you are talking about)

7. Labels the press as opposition (only the press that is the opposition)

8. Withdrawing from world organizations and treaties (thats bad? What are you an advocate for the New World Order?)

9. Fires anyone who questions him (publicly questions him?)

10. States that "I am the only one that matters" (Yep we should villify Harry Truman for his "The Buck Stops Here" plaque on his desk)

Would milk toast help?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just keep watching Fox News, as your leader demands. Don't attempt to think or reason.
You might come to your senses when it is too late.
You Trumpys are all alike

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Just keep watching Fox News, as your leader demands. Don't attempt to think or reason.
Another in-depth, thoughtful, well reasoned response our latest “real” republican.

The insults and name-calling are particularly effective...

I’m guessing this is where you run off in a spat and blame us because you are not able to dialog beyond your left-wing cut and paste...

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Another in-depth, thoughtful, well reasoned response our latest “real” republican.

I’m guessing this is where you run off in a spat and blame us because you are not able to dialog beyond your left-wing cut and paste...
Apparently he isn't aware that Fox News has a few Never Trumpers onboard as well. Shep Smith, Chief news anchor and managing editor of the breaking news division being the most notable. But he would have to actually watch Fox at least once in a while instead of simply believing everything his leader tells him to become aware of that.

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
Apparently he isn't aware that Fox News has a few Never Trumpers onboard as well. Shep Smith, Chief news anchor and managing editor of the breaking news division being the most notable. But he would have to actually watch Fox at least once in a while instead of simply believing everything his leader tells him to become aware of that.
No doubt it the “real republicans” had their way they would shut Fox News down in interest of tolerance and the First Amendment.

Notice how the left always bring the name-calling to shut the discussion down? The left has no interest in honestly discussing anything.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts

I like in particular the defensive response from the Lefties now saying they are a "Registered Republican" or they are a "Real Republican" like it's validation that what they say is credible and everyone else is wrong. Too funny.:.wink:

·
Registered
17,302 Posts
convince someone that a hypothetical that they created is not a fact? actually, it works the other way around, bill. you need to prove your hypothetical.

·
Registered
17,302 Posts
That is an excellent way to substantiate your original post.

Holiday cocktails?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
1. Narcissistic

Here ya go: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/6/giving-trumps-accomplishments-their-due/

I think Americans voted in a Pragmatist and not a Politician. Tell us what past President (within the last 30 years) that you think has done a good job and why. Care to share that info?

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Cant make this sheesh up!!!!!

BobO - Your examples are very poorly fleshed out or considered.

pez - of course

My comments in parentheses.

1. Narcissistic (this is an allusion to Narcissitic Personality Disorder. An necessary feature of psychological disorders is an actual disorder. In this case a self-infatuation that creates incompetence and ineffectiveness. High ego's is a regular feature of leaders. If a high ego drives you to success its not a disorder.

pez - true believer rationalization

2. Has Family in administration. (No evidence is presented that authoritarians do this more than others. In Trump's case, the family members in question don't have executive authority. Appointing family members to the head of an agency like the DOJ or the Peace Corps was made illegal in 1967 probably because of Kennedy's appointments of his brother and his brother-in-law to executive positions in charge of agencies.

pez - probably? Oh that’s right

Further Trump has a long history of conducting business with his relatives in executive positions and Trump values their advice. Enough said.)

pez - apologist

3. Profits from the office. (No evidence offered, simply fodder for the guilty until proven innocent crowd)

pez - simplistic shallow sheesh

4. Attempts to overthrow federal law enforcement (Huh? I think you have that one backwards. Not holding law enforcement accountable is the hallmark of an authoritarian)

pez - nobody is being held accountable

5. Attempted to nationalize police departments ( I have no idea what you are talking about)

pez - the police are already nationalized

6. Moving towards creating State News service ( I have no idea what you are talking about)

pez - FOX NEWS is state news but then again so are all the other spewports

7. Labels the press as opposition (only the press that is the opposition)

pez - OMFG !!!!!! There “IT” is in all “IT’S” glory!!!
Y’all know about the “opposition” reporters being banned from that press conference at the EPA last week? Of course y’all aren’t aware of “IT” as “IT” wasn’t on FOX NEWS!!!
I just did a search on FOX NEWS “AP banned epa press conference” and got zero results.
Imagine that.. If FOX NEWS didn’t report “IT”
“IT” didn’t happen!
Right?
ROTMFFLMMFACFO
Phoot

8. Withdrawing from world organizations and treaties (thats bad? What are you an advocate for the New World Order?)

pez - standard right sheesh

9. Fires anyone who questions him (publicly questions him?)

pez - you’re fired!!!!!

10. States that "I am the only one that matters" (Yep we should villify Harry Truman for his "The Buck Stops Here" plaque on his desk)

pez - proof that y’all are under the spell of an authoritarian

Would milk toast help?

pez - ATTABOY!
ps - pitiful

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
Even y’all?

Wils - convince someone that a hypothetical that they created is not a fact? actually, it works the other way around, bill. you need to prove your hypothetical.

pez - the fact that UL’s claims are considered hypothetical by y’all proves “IT”
imho

·
Registered
15,732 Posts
omg

MD - No doubt it the “real republicans” had their way they would shut Fox News down in interest of tolerance and the First Amendment.

Notice how the left always bring the name-calling to shut the discussion down? The left has no interest in honestly discussing anything.

pez - oh the freakin irony

·
Registered
6,265 Posts
MD - No doubt it the “real republicans” had their way they would shut Fox News down in interest of tolerance and the First Amendment.

pez - oh the freakin irony
Yes, it is ironic

Seen

·
Registered
17,302 Posts
Wils - convince someone that a hypothetical that they created is not a fact? actually, it works the other way around, bill. you need to prove your hypothetical.

pez - the fact that UL’s claims are considered hypothetical by y’all proves “IT”
imho

point out - and back up - the facts of each of the hypotheticals, pez.

1 - 20 of 734 Posts