Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06/06/2006 - [a href="http://ricksepulveda.com/therail"]The Rail[/a]
01:30am - Tide low not even on the marker, Wind is 0 knots, Water super glassy, Sky is over cast. It's so nice out right now, the water is all glassy, it's so quiet out here, all I hear is bait fish jumping all over. Ok I have 15mins. and it's low tide, so I try the east end where it's a little deeper. Two casts and I got snagged on the bottom, but instead of breaking off I lift my bail and walked down to the drain, then flipped my bail over and started reeling and my bait came loose. Well now I'm down here by the drain ( the drain is a pipe drain from the parking lot to the middle of the channel) mite as well fish here. Bam Bam Bam three in a row, I'm using my favorite Apple Seed Spring Grub. I'll t cast next to the pylon, a good one, right next it, now I'll let it drop all the way to the bottom and sit there for a few seconds, now I reel the line up and *BANG* a nice bass, that's four in 5mins. I caught one more medium bass there. I moved to the light pole because I saw a lot of bait down there. Two more bass there, it seems very good low tide. 7 Bass in 15mins not bad. Back to work.

06:30am - Stopped by on the way back from dropping my kid off at school, a quick 1 and am I glad I did. The tide is at 10 on the marker, Wind W 0-1 knots, Water greenish and glassy, Sky is overcast. I'm still using my favorite Apple Seed Spring Grub and going right to the bridge pylon, I cast a few times to the left of the pylon then to the right side and BIG *BANG* oh ya this is a nice one, I hope my drag is set. This fish was really bending my rod, just when I thought the line was going to break the drag cut loose, it was a little sticky. Well this big bass took line off my spool three times before I landed him. Ok I'll bet there's another one in there, I cast to the right of the pylon nothing, one more cast there and *BANG* another nice bass, a little smaller than the big one. Well only here for 10mins. I'll try by the light pole, three or four casts there and caught one small bass.

Tides - Newport Harbor
Low 1:00 AM 1.3
High 6:40 AM 3.2
Low 12:00 PM 1.6
High 6:41 PM 5.0

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
>Easy on the resource there ghost rider!

ummmmmm, nevermind.

cool report grub. sounds like a fun/productive 25 minutes. where do you get those grubs you use? and how big is that head? 1/4 ounce?

thanks for the report.

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts