Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen to this report posted on 976-TUNA by Dave Hansen. First of all - I want to say I've listened to many of Daves reports and he knows his stuff!

Dave put together an outstanding trip for his 3 (or is it 2 clients?) He first reports 2 fish each - then it 3 fish each.

Here's my take on the report - to me the report indicates all sharks were kept, since there is no mention of any releases. If I'm not mistake most would mention Sharks released. Lets say you have 5 @ 80 pounds each - do the meat math - something is very fishey - market, market, market!

Anyway, I might be over reacting on this - Ghostboy!

http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/audio.php?btrack.216.1211210607
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
If I did my math correct, and if the fish were not released, is that no over limits?

The T's are taking a beating. Makes me feel guilty for wanting to take just one for the season.

Not sure if its because the bite is just so phenomenal this season, as compared to others.,,, or the word is out via the Internet, and every tom dick and harry are out because of it.

Either way, I hope conservation is on the minds of most anglers. Reports like that link just add fuel to the fire.

I personally would be fine with a tag program, similar to what deer hunters and bear hunters use.

JMO..this topic always comes up every season, and the carnage is always the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
It's time for me to say something.We need boats limits for both makos and threshers.We also need to spread the word on catch and release.As a Director at the Balboa Angling Club we started a release program for both T's and Makos last year.What a sucess it was and still is.In it's first year we awarded 85 button pins and had over 200 releases.My point is we as anglers need to work together and limit our kills and NOT kill out limits on these great fish.
We also need to educate others on better ways to fish for threshers and not target tail hooking. A mouth hook thresher fights better and have a much better chance of swimming off if mouth hooked.It's really quite simple, try using drop back baits on the knock down,use teasers on your downriggers and enjoy the resource.
I have a lot more info but for now just give these a chance and do your best to enjoy. One more thing if you want to take a fish ,and there's nothing wrong with that, try to take only males and let the big girls go. But it's your choice. Good luck out there and have fun.Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hanapah1 said:
It's time for me to say something.We need boats limits for both makos and threshers.We also need to spread the word on catch and release.As a Director at the Balboa Angling Club we started a release program for both T's and Makos last year.What a sucess it was and still is.In it's first year we awarded 85 button pins and had over 200 releases.My point is we as anglers need to work together and limit our kills and NOT kill out limits on these great fish.
We also need to educate others on better ways to fish for threshers and not target tail hooking. A mouth hook thresher fights better and have a much better chance of swimming off if mouth hooked.It's really quite simple, try using drop back baits on the knock down,use teasers on your downriggers and enjoy the resource.
I have a lot more info but for now just give these a chance and do your best to enjoy. One more thing if you want to take a fish ,and there's nothing wrong with that, try to take only males and let the big girls go. But it's your choice. Good luck out there and have fun.Bill
Awesome - thank you - Ghostboy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Ghostboy said:
Listen to this report posted on 976-TUNA by Dave Hansen. First of all - I want to say I've listened to many of Daves reports and he knows his stuff!

Dave put together an outstanding trip for his 3 (or is it 2 clients?) He first reports 2 fish each - then it 3 fish each.

Here's my take on the report - to me the report indicates all sharks were kept, since there is no mention of any releases. If I'm not mistake most would mention Sharks released. Lets say you have 5 @ 80 pounds each - do the meat math - something is very fishey - market, market, market!

Anyway, I might be over reacting on this - Ghostboy!

http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/audio.php?btrack.216.1211210607
I just listened to it and he doesnt say anything about keeping or releasing. I guess I am just an optimist and got the impression maybe they were released.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
osprey4 said:
Ghostboy said:
Listen to this report posted on 976-TUNA by Dave Hansen. First of all - I want to say I've listened to many of Daves reports and he knows his stuff!

Dave put together an outstanding trip for his 3 (or is it 2 clients?) He first reports 2 fish each - then it 3 fish each.

Here's my take on the report - to me the report indicates all sharks were kept, since there is no mention of any releases. If I'm not mistake most would mention Sharks released. Lets say you have 5 @ 80 pounds each - do the meat math - something is very fishey - market, market, market!

Anyway, I might be over reacting on this - Ghostboy!

http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/audio.php?btrack.216.1211210607
I just listened to it and he doesnt say anything about keeping or releasing. I guess I am just an optimist and got the impression maybe they were released.
Could be and I hope so! The interesting thing is since my post Dave has not posted on 976-Tuna. To clear everything up - Dave does an outstanding out on the water and he, Phil and T-bird can respond anytime - Ghostboy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,312 Posts
I'm confused

Ghostboy said:
Could be and I hope so! The interesting thing is since my post Dave has not posted on 976-Tuna. To clear everything up - Dave does an outstanding out on the water and he, Phil and T-bird can respond anytime - Ghostboy!
you heard a fish report on another website and so you posted a vague "third person" report here at allcoast. and followed it up with your personal analysis of a "phone call" report. To what point? are you calling out people from another website here on allcoast? or are you whining that they didn't respond to you on that other website? or both? BTW: at least post the location of the catch in YOUR report and the actual size - as originally reported - of the fish caught. moderator: ALLCOAST used to NOT allow cross-websiting when the intent is to flame someone from that other website. Have the rules been changed for GhostBoy? or is allcoast now affiliated with that other website and this is a way to get extra 'hits' for them?

This post edited by Wils 05/25/2008
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re: I'm confused

Wils said:
Ghostboy said:
Could be and I hope so! The interesting thing is since my post Dave has not posted on 976-Tuna. To clear everything up - Dave does an outstanding out on the water and he, Phil and T-bird can respond anytime - Ghostboy!
you heard a fish report on another website and so you posted a vague "third person" report here at allcoast. and followed it up with your personal analysis of a "phone call" report. To what point?

are you calling out people from another website here on allcoast?

or are you whining that they didn't respond to you on that other website?

or both?

BTW: at least post the location of the catch in YOUR report and the actual size - as originally reported - of the fish caught.

moderator: ALLCOAST used to NOT allow cross-websiting when the intent is to flame someone from that other website. Have the rules been changed for GhostBoy? or is allcoast now affiliated with that other website and this is a way to get extra 'hits' for them?
Wils - what? Are you kidding? The point of my post was it appears from the audio, in which you heard - there is question if all Threshers were kept! Nothing more. Nobody has confirmed this. If they were - what a sad day! And by the way third party report? It's second-hand straight from the Captain himself.

Everyone I know will always speak to sharks released - was this just a simple mistake? Who knows - that's why I published the question.

Cross-websiting - name one person that doesn't do it and please explain to us why we shouldn't?

Here's the audio feed http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/audio.php?btrack.216.1211210607 - Ghostboy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,312 Posts
re: I'm confused

Ghostboy said:
Wils - what? Are you kidding? The point of my post was it appears from the audio, in which you heard - there is question if all Threshers were kept! Nothing more. Nobody has confirmed this. If they were - what a sad day! And by the way third party report? It's second-hand straight from the Captain himself.

Everyone I know will always speak to sharks released - was this just a simple mistake? Who knows - that's why I published the question.

Cross-websiting - name one person that doesn't do it and please explain to us why we shouldn't?

Here's the audio feed http://976-tuna.com/e107_plugins/landing/audio.php?btrack.216.1211210607 - Ghostboy!
"Here's my take on the report" is a third party report. The angler called in a report. Is the entire phone call being played back? Or was it editted to fit a time format? That would make what you heard a "second-hand" report. You took what you heard and than translated it GhostBoy-version and presented your version as fact. Third-hand report. You can try the BS "NO I DIDN'T. WAAAAAAAAA" But, yes....you did. and now you have posted something different.

The cross-websiting "when the intent is to flame someone" (please use the entire quote for full context and meaning) has not been allowed for many years...as you (whoever you are) are quite aware.

as for the sharks must have been kept because it was not stated that they were released? why are you posting without clothes? Since you have not yet stated that you are wearing them, I can ONLY surmise that you are naked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,465 Posts
re: I'm confused

Thanks Ghostboy, Wils you suuck. Hammering a guy for raising attention to 3 sharks per rod :? Alot of guys at AC always talk about preservation of T sharks, killing pregnant females with pups. If everyone ran thier mouth like Dave Hanson more and more shark meat would be getting old in freezers. Guys like Dave Hanson will run thier mouth anytime for $$$ in the wallet, and don't give a F - - - about the species. Bad Boy Wills : DR

This post edited by DockRat 06/23/2008
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top