Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been nominated to create a chart with a grid over-lay to be distributed among angling teams for our fishing club to fish the Masters billfish tournament. The idea is to have a chart that all team members can refer to which will have an alpha-numeric overlay on it so that team members can broadcast information over the radio "in the clear" during the tournament so that other listeners not on the team can't understand what we are talking about. For example, the chart might show the southern edge of the 181 bank as "grid c-19".

What I'm wondering is if anyone has a chart of local waters (or a source for same) over which a grid can easily be transposed.

Bill

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey Bill,

I'm sure there's a much easier way, but if you don't find it, you could make your own on the PC using Photoshop or Paint or whatever.

If you go to http://labcdm.com/Temp/ 18022_Local_Map.JPG is a JPEG snip from NOAA chart 18022 as an example (I posted it on that server since I was unable to email it to you). Grid lines could be painted on it pretty easily.

Crude, but it would work.

Hope this helps!
Mark

·
Registered
556 Posts
How about like this.

I can email the chart without the numbers or if you want numbers in it I can do that too.

Let me know.
Danny

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you could e-mail the chart with the grid lines, but without the numbers, that would be great. Also, if you can make it show a larger area to the west (say west to the 120 longatude line), I would really appreciate it. (The area shown to the east and south is fine.)

My email is [email protected]

Thanks guys.

Bill

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Bill, Here is NOAA's online charts:

http://205.156.4.52/cgi-bin/EyeSpy.dll?launchpad&D:/EyeSpy/images/Online_Chart_Viewer/18740.axs&wsx=650&wsy=500&bgcolor=ffffff&aligX=1&aligY=1

Here is the Grid map from last years tournament:

Hope this helps! Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts