Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting my boat ready for upcoming weekend and noticed a slow leak coming into the bilge from the top of the thru-hull transducer...I also noticed undernearth the boat that a portion of the fairing was missing...do I need to remove the whole transducer and reseal to fix the leak or will just replaceing the fairing fix it...or can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Huntington Beach area??? Sure would like it fixed before this weekend. Thanks.

· Registered
389 Posts
api said:
I was getting my boat ready for upcoming weekend and noticed a slow leak coming into the bilge from the top of the thru-hull transducer...I also noticed undernearth the boat that a portion of the fairing was missing...do I need to remove the whole transducer and reseal to fix the leak or will just replaceing the fairing fix it...or can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Huntington Beach area??? Sure would like it fixed before this weekend. Thanks.
Sounds like you might have hit something that broke the fairing and might have knocked the transducer enough to break the seal around the hole in the hull. I would go ahead and get a new fairing, double check the transducer to make sure it isn't bent/damaged and if it is still good, go ahead and reset everything in a new bed of 5200. While you are looking, make sure the hull (fiberglass?) area around the transducer stem didn't get damaged. unless you have to cut a complex angle on a new fairing, it should be an easy do it yourself job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.