Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found the boat I want, the problem is it's near Houston/Texas. Any one know a good transport company????

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Hi there,

I ain't that much help but a check of the archives should get you a thread specifically from about a month ago and of course before that more than likely.

May have been posted on the private boaters board but not sure.

You know the famous quote: 'An unexamined boards' archive is not worth reading' huh?!

tsurikichi

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hey Jeff, My buddy Chrisfish just got a 31 foot Rampage delivered from Florida. PM him. He did a lot of research before he had it done

·
Registered
217 Posts
Talk to Andy on the Fat Daddy. He recently had his Parker delivered from South Carolina for a decent price! Cheaper than driving it home okay?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys....I will try and get hold of them, I've also contacted several companies on the web as well. :)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are serious....call me on my cell to discuss, I've been trying to find a rental company that has one way truck rentals. Thanks

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Jeff,

I just sent the deposit in on the truck on monday, I don't know exactly when I'm going but it will be within the next month! What size boat, how much does it weigh? We should be able to work something out. I've got your cell number so you can remove it from the post.

Stefan

·
Registered
303 Posts
Capt is right. I got a good deal on the transport. I used deepwater transport out of one of the Carolinas. They transport all the factory parkers and agreed to get mine out here from Beaufort, SC. Had the boat less than a week after I signed the papers back east. They picked it up the next day.

I did a lot of research on this before doing it. You will not find a one way rental that will rent anyting to pull a boat of some size with. Uhaul might be an option depending on boat weight. If you hire someone look for someone fairly local as most charge you from thier door to yours.

Since yours is considerably closer than mine it might be worth it to do it yourself. While I did consider this I qucikly learned I made the right call as dragging a Parker all over the US does not seem to fun because of weight and width.

Hope I helped you out.

Andy
Parker 2520
"Fat Daddy"

·
Registered
581 Posts
Fat Daddy;
We`are considering getting rid of our 2300CC Parker, and possibly go up to the larger, pilothouse/cuddy Parker.
What was the price advantage (if you don't mind divulging) to buying at the factory (or east coast dealer) vs. out here?
Alan From SD

·
Registered
303 Posts
A ton. First the market itself. Out here the pilothouses sell within days of hitting the market, unless the rig has something no one wants (i.e. turbo gas motor)or is priced way too high to begin with. Second the number of boats back east is greater which lets you shop around for the right one. People have a harder time selling them back east.

The draw backs are the boats are usally not rigged for west coast sportfishing and need to be trasnported out here. I added a windlass, rocket launchers, bait tank, and washdown. Some may think this is a big deal but even after the added equipment costs and the transportation costs I could sell mine tomorrow and make about ten grand off it. But then again I looked for about a year before the right one came along.

I am only talking used boats. I know what Ron at Johnson's and Rob at Sundance sell thier boats for and trust me when I say they don't end up making bank on each boat they sell. Parkers hold value and the factory sells the rigs new to reflect that.

Will send you a PM with what I got and what I paid to give you a starting point.

Andy
Parker 2520
"Fat Daddy"

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
John....nothing fancy, just an inshore/lake center console:

https://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/wam/MsgAttachment?msgid=1018653636-1&attachno=1

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will suggest you Citizenshipper texas boat shipping service. I am also there service and i was pretty much satisfied with their service,
Here is an important tip for you guys Use shrink wrap to protect the exterior of your boat from salt, soot, etc. Concentrate on securing vulnerable areas of your boat if it is impossible to cover it entirely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts