Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to a friend who's a newby at fishing. When asked about his day, either yesterday or the day earlier, about yellows and dodos, he said it was "tuna" he saw everyone catching--he blanked. I questioned this and he was a tad miffed. He said it was either yellowfin or albacore (lol!). I told him they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for water temps. I then suggested it was bonito. OK, what is the truth? He was on a 150 from Newport and he said about 10 miles out (sounds like bonies to me).

[link:fish.shimano.com/|Shimano_Fishing]
[link:www.swimbait.com/|Big_Hammer_Swimbaits/Hammerhead_Jigheads]
[link:www.pro-cure.com/|Pro-Cure_Bait_Scents]

·
Registered
384 Posts
i think there is tuna out there. i was out on wednesday and we ran with some porpoise and there was a few scattered marks under them. we chummed it but couldnt' get them to come up. this was in the channel between la harbor and cat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
An angler on the Pursuit hooked a 'big something' off a paddy near the east end and was on the fish for around 50 mins. Some were thinking mola or shark but sure enough within twenty feet from gaff those w/ appropriate eyewear could make out the yellow finlets followed by a big yellow crescent. The fish then proceded to turn sideways and bite the angler off in deep color (20lb BG). It was an estimated 65 pound Yellowfin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts