Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the most unbelieveable service I can remember in the recent past. I was on a friends boat headed for the island last Thursday. I was on the bridge while my buddy finished his preflight check. Just as we were clearing the breakwater he says I think we are out of fuel. Huh? Isn't that item number one on the preflight, preferably before you untie from the dock? The Channel Islands dock is closed and it is 5:30 so I put a call into Dave's in Ventura on the off chance they are open for some reason. Sue picks up the phone and I beg for her to wait, she agrees and we limp toward Ventura. Half way there we loose the port engine and a few minutes later the starboard starts to sputter. I put the call into Dave's to tell them we are dead in the water. So mark offers to bring us fuel. What are you kidding me? is this really happening? Mark gets on the spot drops the fuel and after bleeding the air out of the port motor off we go.

Unbelieveable!. I will never buy bait or fuel from anybody else. What a great operation.

It turned out the fuel was siphoned from the tank sometime during the past few weeks.
CHRIS
A/K/A Private Boat "Fin-Addict"

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
As my brother CURLY would say "now that's what I call SUPER SERVICE".
Yes that brother.

Thanks for sharing that experience Chris!

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow, that is pretty good stuff.

Also, I believe CI fuel dock will come down and fill you up after hours for $25 service fee, well at least I heard they used to.

Andrew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts