All Coast banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I enjoy hooping just as much as the next guy. I however would like to see a Hooping Board established so we can go see that info independent of true fishing reports. Heck, it's October!! We have some great fishing ahead of us still. By the way I know when a sport is seriously on the decline. Wal Mart has started selling hoop nets!!! Pretty soon the limit will be two.

Real Fish Reports are Best!

Mike C
Fishbuster 27
No Bad Days

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
just because people have hoop nets doesn't mean they can catch lobster. :)

although it will make hooping more dangerous with people out there with 100' of rope going god only knows where.

i think that after a couple more years a LOT of people will give up on it. this will probably be our last season. ;)

Gettin' Ugly
Glendon

·
Registered
852 Posts
yeah, i know what you mean. promar has a new hoop net out this year with sides on it that make it harder for lobsters to escape on the pull. i kind of have mixed feelings about it. as far as the lobster being depleted by the sudden popularity of hooping, i read an article last year from an o.c. newpaper about some old fart who went hooping literally every night. he said that he caught 500+ in one season. can't remember the exact details but it is definately this type of horse$hit that is going to kill the lobster population. i know there are lots of rocks out there for the bugs to call home but when some a$$bag decides that "hoopnetting" is his new hobby because he doesn't have anything else to do with himself, that is going to have an impact, imo. btw, i hoop also, but to date have only kept 10 bugs(2 year before last and 8 last year.) i had more lobster than i knew what to do with and it didn't go to waste.

monty
21' striper
jake's dream

·
Registered
463 Posts
I agree with the hooping board. Seems there is enought interest. I hoop on occasion, but don't care to post or read the reports. Heck, no one is going to give out locations, so what's the point?

Jeremy
24' Radon - 'Jenna J'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts