Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water hits 62 degrees and the yellowtail come out to play at Navy Island. Fury and Thunderbird have yellowtail in the bags.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Water hits 62 degrees and the yellowtail come out to play at Navy Island. Fury and Thunderbird have yellowtail in the bags.

Yep. Its averaging 62 at SCI and the Yellows are starting to play a little bit on the lee side of the island. There have been a few boats sniffing just a little south of the island and they are seeing some bluefin at the 43, but they are not biting yet. They have caught a few at the butterfly. We just need the weather to stay up in temperature and the wind to stay down and it may pop. I'm getting anxious because I didn't wet a line last year due to the pandemic. This year is a different story and my first trip is on May 23rd.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told years ago that when you see barracuda in the fish counts in Channel Island Sportfishing the seabass are their to.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first trip is an overnight on the Fury fishing Navy Island June 10th.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I was told years ago that when you see barracuda in the fish counts in Channel Island Sportfishing the seabass are their to.
I heard something similar to that affect. I was told that when the barracuda bite is going off in the Huntington Beach Flats to soak a large fin bait at or near the bottom because the WSB would follow the barracuda schools. I think I heard that from J.D. in Newport a long time ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts