All Coast banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about heading to Cat on Sunday, is there any particular web site or weather channel I should check?

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Check some of the weather LINKS inside the post anchored at the top of this board.
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=402&topic_id=962&mesg_id=962&page=

John.
Parker 2320 'FloMar'.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Try this one !
Craig

http://www.getbentsportfishing.com/weather/california-marine-forecasts/
Craig
2520 XL Parker
"HULIHAN"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This will be my first trip to Cat, Ill be in a 20' Skipjack. How do these stats look?

.SAT NIGHT...WIND W 10 KT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING VARIABLE LESS THAN 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 2 FT AND S 3 FT. .SUN...WIND S 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 1 TO 2 FT AND S 3 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.

Thank you for all the help.
Nick

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I would keep a close eye on it. There is a very strong late season storm coming in for Sunday. :(

·
Registered
457 Posts
that sounds a lot better than what i was reading.i was planning on taking some guys out that i owe a trip to. we were gonna fish the pipe or west shoe area.i'm gonna watch the reports still and make my call sat afternoon.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
I just made my call. I pulled the plug.

The forecast I read showed conditions in the morning at 20 kts out of the SE, wind waves to 3 feet, with rain likely.

No thanks.

I was planning a trip to Rosa or the Backside of Santa Cruz for Sunday but that SE wind and wind swell looks like miserable conditions.

My fishing trip just turned into an afternoon of Texas Hold 'em.

Bill

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
See for yourself. Damn tight little storm for this time of year. They're saying .5" to 1" at the coast and 2" to 4" on the coastal slopes starting Sunday afternoon--maybe sooner.

We're still gonna hit PV Sunday and catch the AM bite.

·
Registered
457 Posts
thats what im talking about kman! i'm gonna get out early and come in early. i'm gonna fish the pipe. give me a call on the water. reel loco on 72. good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts