Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like there is a weather window Friday AM for local So Cal fishing. We're gonna try for it, and hit Palos Verdes--unless the forecast goes to Hell tomorrow.

See you brave souls out there.

Oh and happy Easter everyone!

Kurt

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lal:

We be threading the needle here, cause it's GONNA rain tomorrow. The QPF says LIGHT rain should start between 0500 and 1100, but it's usually late. The heavy stuff isn't supposed to be till 1100-1700. I'm hip for fishing if it's only the light stuff.

http://www.cnrfc.noaa.gov/precipForecast.php?cwa=LOX&day=2&img=1

The wind report isn't bad.

.FRI...SE WIND 10 KT...BECOMING SW TO W 10 KT LATE IN THE DAY. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 4 FT AT 13 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 14 SECONDS. RAIN LIKELY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF TSTMS. .FRI NIGHT...W TO NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 2 TO 4 FT. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

I'll check the QPF later today. If they move up the time for the rain event, we'll prolly bag it--unless Dan has the stones to do some rain fishing in an open boat. Personally, I think lightning, aluminum boats and graphit rods are a cool mix. Whaaaaaat could happen? It would only be my THIRD bad encounter with the stuff.

Since the wind (allegedly) will be from the south (and to shorten the overall ride in), we'll be launching from South Shores ~0500. The tide's gonna be LOW, so be sure to follow us or stay to the right on your way out.

I've had some GREAT fishing before and during a storm. Nix that--I've had EPOCH fishing during storms. It's afterwards that's sucky sucky long time.

Anyways, I need to put the boat in the water to establish the angle it sits and rides at to position the radar correctly.

I'll try to bring your leadheads tomorrow.

Kurt

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Hi Kman,

I don't know how the data looked yesterday (Wednesday) but we had a great day on the water drifting hard bottom for rock fish mid-distance out, at the 'shoe' as the skipper said the wind was gonna stay down ... and it sure did up until we returned to the dock at 3:30.

Good luck,

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK that's it. It's freeking 80+ here and the AC is on (just to exercise it). I call BS on the rain tomorrow, at least for most of the day. The Trailer Trash will be monitoring 16, and will be around Palos Verdes unless someone else finds a good bite and shares it.

We're going baby!

Eat your heart our Bos :).

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>Hey Kurt, Did anything ever come of that free Honda for a
>year thing from Hondadude? Are you the test pilot for Honda
>this year? Bill

Nah, fell through. Was good for a 24-hour high though :).

If it seems too good to be true.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts