All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't heard anything on the Tournament this past sunday, Who did what??? Was there a winner??? How big etc,,,,,,,,Thanks in advance for the info, Glenn on Pacified,,VHF # 69

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Here's the only feedback I've seen on the subject.
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=205508&mode=full&page=

I guess everybody sucked at catching, so no reports.
Oh well . . .

John.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually the WON/Yahama Seabass Jackpot was a huge success with seabass taking first through fifth place and halibut taking sixth through tenth.

First place was 46.3 pounds caught by the team of Brad Noble, Gary Agard, Tony Valenzuela and Tony Garcia. This fish was worth $24,305 in cash and prizes including a new 150 Yamaha four stroke! Our second place fish was close behind at 46.2 pounds!

In total the top ten finishers took home $42,565 in cash, prizes and optional cash jackpots - and this doesn't even include the over $6,000 in prizes which were raffled off to the crowd over the course of the event.

The Catalina Sea Bass Jackpot was the first in our new format, five tournament circuit with the Ensenada Yellowtail Jackpot coming up next the weekend of June 23rd, followed by the Dana Point Calico/Sand Bass Jackpot on July 29th.

Again, these events are a totally new format with loads of cash and prizes as well great goody bags for all anglers. The payouts for Catalina were based on 76 participating teams. With upwards of 100 teams or more projected for the next two events, the payouts will probably be way up!

Anyone interested in participating can call Western Outdoor News to sign-up. Call 949-366-0030 and dial ext.27 for Kit McNear or ext.40 for Judi Morgan. Sign up two weeks prior to these events and you'll also be eligible for an early bird drawing prize of a Yamaha Generator worth $1,000.

You can also feel free to call me, Chuck Buhagiar at ext.34 if you have any other questions. We hope to see you guys fishing the circuit! Thanks...CB

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP GUYS, I was just curious as to how it turned out, Gots to pack up an get going back to the Island this afternoon an join the rat race for the weekend,,,,,,,, Glenn on Pacified, VHF # 69

·
Registered
838 Posts
We fished , had a blast and even caught a fish to weigh in !!!!!!! But probally about 13th place after all the pros weighed in, but next year will have a different game plan, son will be alittle older and will fish harder, might go to the next one in Mexico, having a tower made for the new boat !
Craig
2520 XL Parker
"HULIHAN"

·
Registered
2 Posts
>We fished , had a blast and even caught a fish to weigh in
>!!!!!!! But probally about 13th place after all the pros
>weighed in, but next year will have a different game plan, son
>will be alittle older and will fish harder, might go to the
>next one in Mexico, having a tower made for the new boat !
>Craig
>2520 XL Parker
>"HULIHAN"

Sundance Marine in San Diego is offering an additional $1,000 in contingency money to first place finishers if they're running a Sundance Marine Parker.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Team Freespool took 9th place overall with a 15lb 4 oz Halibut. We got a little cash back and had a blast as always. The weather this year was the best in years for this Tourney......just the fishing was terrible as always. It's funny that 4 days prior we were in WFO WSB fishing and then in the tourney we couldn't buy a bite.

We did end up in a full float of squid on Saturday night during the tourney and landed an estimated 200 lb BSB as well as our 9th place halibut at greylight.

I did mark some WSB on the meter in a few spots ...... but no go.

Next year!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts