Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.FRI NIGHT...W WIND 10 TO 20 KT WITH LOCALLY HIGHER GUSTS. WIND WAVES 3 TO 4 FT. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 3 FT AND S 3 FT. AREAS OF FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.SAT...NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING W IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 3 FT AND S 3 FT. AREAS OF FOG IN THE MORNING.

Could be some pretty hefty leftover slop from Friday night. I don't care if we have to fish inside the harbor. We're fishing dammit! Trailer Trash will be on 72 around Long Beach somewhere.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
RE: Well this forecast blows

Good luck Kurt it doesnt look to good does it. But there is fish inside makes it fun to have to try harder sometimes.

Dave Abeelen
[link:www.swimbait.com/|Big_Hammer_Swimbaits]

[link:www.pro-cure.com/|Pro-Cure_Bait_Scents]

[link:www.morningstarcc.org/|Morningstar_Christian_Chapel]

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ya, Kid Creole's observation of 60 degree water all over Long Beach the day before yesterday didn't help my outlook either. So, it could be lumpy, windy and cold. How about some locust?

How's this for a temp drop? This was off of Oceanside this week.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

Kurt,

I was out last night and things were great. A light breeze and overall... nice.

Hope it works for you today and have a great 4th!!

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hey Bill:

They revised the forecast. Looks OK now.

.TONIGHT...W WIND 10 TO 20 KT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 3 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND S 2 TO 3 FT AT 16 SECONDS. AREAS OF FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.SAT...WIND VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS...BECOMING W 10 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 3 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 16 SECONDS. AREAS OF FOG IN THE MORNING.

Now where to go in 60 deg water? Local 1/2 day boats are back to fishing rockfish :(, though the So Cal AM got 67 slimers for 14 fishermen yesterday. A PBer found some sandies on the flats yesterday evening....but he's the only one I know of that did. Well, the water's been cold for a few days now. The shock should be over and the fish gotta eat. We'll figure something out.

You gonna be on the boat Sat after noon?

Have a great 4th.

Kurt

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

Might be..., if you're in the area swing by!

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

>Might be..., if you're in the area swing by!
>
>Cheers, Bill

Hey Bill:

I just bagged the trip. Islanda was out last night in 58.9 deg water, and they just UPPED the wind forecast. Crap.

.TONIGHT...W WIND 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 4 FT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 3 FT AT 8 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 16 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.SAT...NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS...BECOMING 3 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 3 FT AT 9 SECONDS AND S 3 FT AT 16 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING.

Good luck and Godspeed to you guys crossing the channel tonight. Please be safe.

·
Registered
93 Posts

yeah, i think i'll bag our santa cruz island trip:

...GALE WARNING NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

.TONIGHT...NW WIND 20 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 KT.
COMBINED SEAS 6 TO 8 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 9 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG
AFTER MIDNIGHT.

that's for the south side btw.
maybe sunday though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts