All Coast banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I don't lobster fish, I don't read the reports very often. I would like to suggest a dedicated board to it, so that those of us looking for other fishing reports can see whats happening. What do others think?

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Personally, I'd be against it.

In the first place, the private boaters fishing crowd overlaps to a pretty large degree with the lobster guys...especially with the hoop net boom.

Secondly, the concerns for a lobster trip are similar to the PB fishing trip. Weather, swell, crowds, etc.

Finally, the lobster craze only really goes strong for two or three months and it does so at a time when other fishing is slow.

So long as the title of the thread clearly identifies if it's a lobster trip, it seems pretty easy to skip what your not interested.

JMO

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I'm dead set against it;)! I look forward to all the guys giving away their secret spots. The lobster reports are a good indication that winter is upon us and no one is catching anything. It's a very depressing time of year. The only ray of light are the squid beginning to spawn and the hopes that the big mossbacks and seabass show up to feast. I can't wait!!!:eek:

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

·
Registered
586 Posts
Finally, the lobster craze only really goes strong for two or three months and it does so at a time when other fishing is slow.

And I love seeing those realy big lobster. I also agree to subject your post as a lobster post.
GOOD LUCK GOOD
FISHING. DAN

·
Registered
980 Posts
I have found a few Squid floats and WSB bites by pulling up nets with squid and eggs then turning on my lights and making a tankfull then staying till the WSB and Yellows go off.

This has happened more then once.

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts